Senior Product Manager, Big DataAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0017883 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Senior Product Manager, Big Data
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
We are always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
The mission of the eBay classifieds big data team is to “Responsibly unleash the power of data for the benefit of our customers and maximize the organization's return on its investment in data”. As the Senior Product Manager, Big Data you will provide customer centric and business savvy product leadership across eCG’s strategic investment in data technology and capabilities.
This is an amazing opportunity for a forward looking individual that sees the potential and can extract value from what we see as our biggest asset, our data. Big Data is at the forefront of industry innovation and you will have the opportunity to shape that for our global organization. Your efforts will have impact across all of our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
We come from many backgrounds and experiences which helps make eBay a diverse, dynamic and exciting place to work. You will have the opportunity of working directly with product and technology leaders in our headquarters as well as international counterparts to deliver impactful products on a global scale. This role reports directly to the Head of Product, Global Solutions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- In line with the eCG customer experience vision and informed by the latest industry and competitor trends around Big data, articulate and evangelize the longer term product vision and strategy for our global data investment
- Through collaboration with local markets, continuously experiment with new hypothesis’ which aim to deliver customer and business value in line with vision & strategy.
- Through meticulous planning and communications ensure an ongoing delivery of data-driven customer and business value into local platforms.
- Foster and maintain key relationships with local business, product, and technology leaders to ensure transparency and alignment around key priorities, milestones and integrations.
- Take end-to-end ownership of key components of the global data lifecycle
- Be a champion for data capturing standards to drive quality
- You have an excellent track record of product management experience (5+ years)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Technically savvy (prefer a technical role in past, or Computer Science Degree)
- Ideally have previous experience working with data focused teams
- Passion for everything related to data, technology, and innovation
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and self-directed; thrives in constantly-evolving environment and is able to deliver results.
- Experience working in global organization, with remote partners
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to drive and deliver results
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Talent Engagement Partner.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: