Senior Product Manager, Big DataAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0017883 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group is a leader in local marketplaces, with 12 brands that offer services in more than 1,000 cities around the world. Our apps and sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends.
The mission of the eBay classifieds big data team is to “Responsibly unleash the power of data for the benefit of our customers and maximize the organization's return on its investment in data”. As the Senior Product Manager, Big Data you will provide customer centric and business savvy product leadership across eCG’s strategic investment in data technology and capabilities.
This is an amazing opportunity for a forward looking individual that sees the potential and can extract value from what we see as our biggest asset, our data. Big Data is at the forefront of industry innovation and you will have the opportunity to shape that for our global organization. Your efforts will have impact across all of our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
We come from many backgrounds and experiences which helps make eBay a diverse, dynamic and exciting place to work. You will have the opportunity of working directly with product and technology leaders in our headquarters as well as international counterparts to deliver impactful products on a global scale. This role reports directly to the Head of Product, Global Solutions.
- In line with the eCG customer experience vision and informed by the latest industry and competitor trends around Big data, articulate and evangelize the longer term product vision and strategy for our global data investment
- Through collaboration with local markets, continuously experiment with new hypothesis’ which aim to deliver customer and business value in line with vision & strategy.
- Through meticulous planning and communications ensure an ongoing delivery of data-driven customer and business value into local platforms.
- Foster and maintain key relationships with local business, product, and technology leaders to ensure transparency and alignment around key priorities, milestones and integrations.
- Take end-to-end ownership of key components of the global data lifecycle
- Be a champion for data capturing standards to drive quality
What we expect from you:
- You have an excellent track record of product management experience (5+ years)
- Technically savvy (prefer a technical role in past, or Computer Science Degree)
- Ideally have previous experience working with data focused teams
- Passion for everything related to data, technology, and innovation
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and self-directed; thrives in constantly-evolving environment and is able to deliver results.
- Experience working in global organization, with remote partners
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to drive and deliver results
View our accessibility infoR0017883