Site Reliability EngineerAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0031049 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
- You know how to build robust, fault-tolerant and highly scalable Web Services that support our global growth.
- Write, review and ship software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our services.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Actively contribute to create autonomy within product teams throughout tools and frameworks.
- Share on-call rotations based on the rules of engagement negotiated with Product Development.
- Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong hands-on experience with infrastructure automation tools and orchestrators (the whole Hashicorp stack, SaltStack, etc.)
- Strong expertise with monitoring frameworks (Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus)
- You feel ownership over everything you ship. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring and strong documentation.
- You are good on your own, but shine in a team.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
- Expertise in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Expertise with Cassandra Kafka and ElasticSearch
- Deep network analysis experience a plus.
- Strong Linux system-level analysis capabilities.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, administration, and performance tuning.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: