Tech Lead KubernetesAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0022312
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group
The eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative global leader in online classifieds, with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
Our strong local presence is backed up by a suite of global capabilities, built and maintained by central product and development teams collocated in offices. We are looking at expanding these teams with focus on our Headquarters in Amsterdam.
eBay Classifieds Group is recruiting for a senior Tech Lead to head a new team that will help us transition to a Kubernetes based platform. As part of this team you are responsible for setting out and guarding direction on the technical solution and defining the delivery milestones needed to bring our stack onto this platform.
- Be a team player that defines, builds and leads a team that works together to delivering a highly scalable Kubernetes Solution on time
- Lead the design, build and maintenance phases of a set of Kubernetes clusters in multiple geographies
- Collaborate with existing technology teams to ensure our Kubernetes clusters are highly available, secure and meet the needs of our users
- Evangelize Kubernetes adoption with eCG
- Define and be part of the on call support for third line escalations
- Technology leadership. Be able to clearly set and explain direction.
- Stakeholder management
- Experience with deploying Kubernetes Clusters on bare metal or virtualized infrastructure or Public Cloud
- Understanding of overlay networks, and experience with Flannel, Calico or similar
- Software defined networking, BGP, VlANs, network architecture and load balancing
- Experience of monitoring, troubleshooting, scaling production Kubernetes workloads
- Knowledge of designing and adapting software to be twelve factor applications
- Strong understanding of Container technologies like Docker
- Knowledge of deployment tooling like Terraform or similar infrastructure as code solutions
- Ability to script in one or more scripting languages like Python or Go(lang)
- Linux fundamentals
- Knowledge of OpenStack, Contrail
- Public Cloud experience (Preferable Google Cloud Platform, GKE)
- Overseas travel
- Rotational on call
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Excellent workplace in Amsterdam
Interesting in this position?
Looking to leave your footprint in global e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and share anything around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join the eBay Classifieds Group.
Contact Radboud Fluttert, Talent Engagement Partner.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: