Call Center SupervisorAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0033932
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Global Customer Service (GCX), Global Trust, and Global Security and Resiliency organizations, and our Workplace Resources (WPR) function – responsible for eBay’s facilities around the world.
In this role you will lead, coach, and guide a team of 20-30 teammates. The supervisor role is responsible for their development and growth as well as maintaining key performance indicators dedicated for the team. This is a fast past, high demanding and challenging environment, with the goal of delivering world-class customer service to eBay members.
Day in the Life:
- Supervise customer support teammates daily activities to ensure critical metrics/standards are met.
- Support teammates working in the second shift, 3:30pm CST- 12:00am CST Tuesday though Saturday.
- Motivate, coach, and reward teammates in areas such as: quality, customer happiness, resolution, adherence, and attendance
- Support teammates though career development in a variety of areas including regularly scheduled mentoring and performance management sessions.
- Address performance concerns in a timely manner following appropriate policies.
- Conducts monthly team meetings to deliver key communications and build team spirit and provide recognition
- Supports the hiring and training process by conducting interviews and making recommendations for hire
- Develops and leads an effective team that actively retains eBay customers
- Take customer concerns and be available for teammates and customers when needed.
- Partner in order to continually provide feedback and adjust to the changing demands of the business.
- A strong communicator. Strong communication skills in all formats (verbal, written).
- Customer-centric. You enjoy working closely with customers and helping them navigate challenging situations. You take pride in providing a great experience to all customers.
- Able to establish relationships and partnerships with our business unit. You will be the main point of contact for any critical issue that comes from customer interactions.
- Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives and understand the teams impact on the business (drives engagement)
- Customer Focus: Ability to effectively balance company and customer needs to deliver against NPS targets and business goals.
- Excellent active listening: You listen and clearly present information. Champions two-way communication.
- Collaboration Skills. You partner and communicate clearly with all members of the eBay organization.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to commit to results (move the needle) - consistently achieves above average results. You are focused on bottom-line, performance metrics for teammate and department results.
- Change Management: You thrive in a changing environment, and support your teammates to do the same.
- Presentation Skills: You command attention and deliver clear presentations in groups large and small.
- Problem Solving: Expert analytical skills. You think through all options and scenarios and deliver sound, well-thought-out solutions.
- Experience with leading high performing teams of 20-30 teammates and supporting the VIP experience for customers.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: