Data Engineer/AnalystAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0035608 Subsidiary eBay
Data Engineer/Analyst - Global Collections
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact on people across the world. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for small businesses to succeed and help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We oversee all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
The Collections Data Engineer/Analyst reporting to the Manager of Global Collections Analytics at eBay will analyze data from several sources, build statistical models, develop queries, and construct visualizations to support our efforts to reduce bad debt, improve recovery and lower collections expenses globally.
In this role, the Analyst will:
- Drive insights into customers, processes, and products to drive improvements in Collections and reducing bad debt for eBay
- Perform exploratory data analysis to develop hypotheses for causes of bad debt
- Develop SQL queries to extract data for analysis and model construction
- Design eye-catching visualizations in Tableau
- Build database tables and schemas to support the collection of data for analytics
- Develop SQL and Python code for ETL projects
- Support Collections critical metrics and build out self-serve reporting that will strengthen decision quality through significant data
- Partner with cross-functional teams within eBay to demonstrate best practices, share data analyses, and present business cases
- Provide cross-functional, data-driven recommendations for lowering bad debt while remaining aligned with other team goals
The ideal candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and possess extensive analytics experience. Must demonstrate the ability to breakdown processes, look for immediate opportunities, and understand how data is collected through various user workflows. The candidate should possess excellent written/verbal communication skills, be well organized, have an eye for detail and quality, and possess strong technical skills. This candidate should be able to lead multiple projects at the same time. Other requirements include:
- Analytics experience in Tech or Financial Industries
- Proficient in SQL and Python
- Experience developing Tableau dashboards with a deep understanding of associated data architecture trade-offs
- 5+ years analytics/database experience
- Software development or software testing experience preferred
- Experience working with groups remotely and multiple cultures
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Tableau, Teradata, Unix/command line commands, and version control (such as Git)
- Ability to think from the perspective of multiple user and employee personas
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: