Global Sanctions Screening ManagerAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0034159 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
Compliance Operations ensures that the eBay community remains safe and secure from all forms of harm. We protect eBay from being used to conduct illicit activity. We prevent criminals and stop illegitimate actors from using the eBay marketplace to harm others. We are seeking a Screening Operations Manager to join us and lead our Global Sanctions and PEP Screening Program. This is a chance to lead a global team of dedicated, skilled professionals and drive improvement in our screening operations.
You will have the unique opportunity to take an established program to the next level by scaling the scope of our screening, improving operational efficiencies, and transforming the tools and systems that support our operations. You should have experience leading people and running efficient operational teams.
- Lead a team responsible for decisioning sanctions and PEP alerts in a timely and effective manner
- Oversee and maintain bespoke surveillances, controls, and projects with stakeholders in different divisions
- Coordinate with cross-divisional leaders to understand evolving requirements to ensure appropriate Compliance processes are in place
- Ensure program success through strong performance management and conscientious continuous improvement
- Oversee and maintain documentation, effective procedures, and reporting to management and key stakeholders
- Escalate risks and communicate guidance on mitigating those risks
- Work with cross-functional partners to raise awareness of trends, emerging issues, remedial actions, or enhancements to the processes
- Engage engineering and vendor partners and drive continuous improvement in process, reporting, and efficiency
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a globally distributed team of skilled staff and individual contributors
- Assist in audits and exam document requests related to the Screening, and lead the program response for all audit recommendations related to Sanctions and PEP screening
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented production environment
- Be an advocate for Compliance Operations across eBay
- 7+ years of operations and management experience leading teams
- Experience in payments, banking, or e-commerce
- Knowledge of AML and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies
- High level of personal integrity, proven dedication to excellence, leadership qualities and a flexible, creative, innovative approach to problem solving
- Strategic thinker with proven track record of transforming operations through innovation and process optimization
- Communication & influencing experience
- People management experience, including managing leaders and enable a team to deliver on operational goals by providing 1:1 support, and enabling more solutions
- Experience working with a globally-dispersed team
- Passion for eBay
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: