Manager, Customer PaymentsAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0026176
At ebay, We employ extraordinary people who do meaningful work that has a tangible impact on the lives of individuals all over the world. And we aspire to make extraordinary things possible for each other, for our customers, and for you. We’ve been doing this for over 20 years. And we're just as passionate about it today as when we founded the company in 1995.
This Manager level position is responsible for leading a team of up to 30 employees in our newly formed Intermediated Payments organization. The role, titled Intermediated Payments Team Leader, is an exciting opportunity to be on the front lines of a new team that helps shape our customer’s experience at ebay! If you are someone who loves to lead teams, develop people and shape a seamless candidate journey, this role is a great fit for you!
- Self-sufficient in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity - effectively cope with change and adapt to an ever-changing workplace comfortably
- You'll provide honest, direct, complete and actionable feedback to others
- You'll be a strong team member that can be counted on to exceed goals and pushes other for results
- Setting clear objectives, measuring work, monitoring process, progress and results will come consistently from you
- Delivering a proven track record in setting priorities - spends time on the most important tasks
- Effective decisions making based on analysis, feedback, experience, and discernment to ensure success
- An equal opportunity employer looking for someone to help us build a diverse workforce with a focused approach to recruiting, retaining and developing top talent
- Strong focus on risk, fraud and card compliance
- Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research and investigative outcomes.
- 4+ years experience developing a team of employees, preferably in a contact/call center environment
- 2+ years experience in a customer service-oriented environment
- 2 + years in Risk detection, fraud prevention or financial services is preferred
- BS/BA degree required or equivalent work experience
- Experience buying and/or selling on eBay is highly preferred
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity - effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably
- Provide current, direct, complete and actionable positive and constructive feedback to others
- Must be customer focused
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and pushes other for results
- Sets clear objectives and measures work, monitors process, progress, and results
- Must be able to set priorities - spends his/her time and time of others on the most important tasks
- Provides timely information the team needs to know to do their job and feel good about being a member of the team
- Makes good decisions based on mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: