Senior Manager, AML Investigations, FIUAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0028572
Come Join the eBay Team
Do you want to be a foundational member of an elite compliance team operationalizing eBay's Anti Money Laundering / Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) program? Do you want to join an innovative investigative team focused on money laundering (ML) and terrorism finance (TF) and related financial crimes while building a culture of compliance as well as tools on the technological edge?
Financial Intelligence Unit
eBay’s nascent Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) performs a critical role in the execution and management of eBay’s Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering (AML) compliance program: adhering to a set of required standards and processes regarding AML investigations; ensuring eBay’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the USA PATRIOT Act, as it builds capacity to provide regulators, law enforcement with key lead information regarding the investigation and prosecution of money laundering and terrorist financing, and other closely related criminal activity; and building a "culture of compliance" to ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices.
Senior Manager, AML Investigations
eBay seeks a highly motivated and experienced leader to serve as a senior manager, AML investigations, in its FIU. In addition to assisting in the establishment and growth of the organization, the senior manager is responsible for assisting in the end-to-end management of eBay’s FIU, including the identification of potentially suspicious activity, oversight of proactive and reactive investigations, and, as appropriate, the reporting of suspicious financial and/or fraudulent activity, to include money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and/or any other financial risk or crime.
The Senior Manager, working closely with FIU Director and the AML Officer, and other FIU partners, is also responsible for ensuring the FIU has the appropriate policies and procedures, sufficient staffing, experience, expertise, and tools to build the FIU’s capacity to proactively conduct timely, special and complex investigations related to suspected money laundering, terrorism finance or other related financial crimes, and enhanced customer due diligence based on risks identified, while cultivating analytic trends and typologies unique to payments services and associated with online marketplaces. Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Ability to apply developing AML typologies, analytics, investigative techniques quickly and apply them to FIU AML-focused investigations which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports as required by law.
- Ability to oversee AML investigators within the FIU escalation and workflow, ensure case determinations are well documented, and provide ongoing quality and performance feedback.
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.
- Strong knowledge and experience with BSA laws, regulations and related compliance requirements (including reporting and record retention requirements), international AML/CFT standards such as those promulgated by the Financial Action Task Force, OFAC compliance, and understanding of how changes in those regulations or compliance requirements affect FIU management and eBay.
- Federal Law Enforcement, regulator, FIU, or similar experience in the investigation, research, and documentation of money laundering or terrorist financing or 7-10 years of BSA/AML experience.
- Ability to assist in the scoping and building of tools needs to conduct analysis, investigations, and created related analytics.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with C-suite executives, senior law enforcement officials, and FIU counterparts at eBay and in similar regulated entities.
- Thorough working knowledge of the risk indicator trends in money laundering, terrorist financing or other related financial crime and the ability to position our processes to ensure we are able to mitigate those risks at eBay.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Analytical, investigative research and documentation skills.
- Ability to draft policies, procedures, and management reports.
- Ability to work with agility in a fast paced, and rapidly changing environment, within time-critical situations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access) including the use of pivot tables.
- Ability to work on confidential and sensitive matters with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Master's degree in business or related field, law degree, or other widely-recognized banking school.
- A minimum of two years of project management and problem management processes is preferred.
- Experience with BSA transaction monitoring or case management applications and related analytics.
- Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Financial Crimes Specialist, Certified Fraud Examiner, or related professional certification preferred.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: