Applied Researcher - Traffic ScienceBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0015187 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Traffic Science team at eBay is responsible for building algorithmic solutions to improve our Paid Internet Marketing activities. We are developing state-of-the-art personalization technologies and optimization strategies that have a direct impact on eBay's users as well as the company's bottom line. You will be expected to research state-of-the-art machine learning, optimization, natural language processing, text mining, and other techniques, and apply them to eBay's marketing platforms. You will roll your solutions to production, analyze results offline and online, and measure site impact.
We are passionate about building amazing platforms that support the growth of eBay's market share, and we are looking for top-notch software engineers who want to build scalable systems that are critical in driving business growth.
• You will be directly responsible for improving eBay's algorithms that drive customer traffic via Paid Internet Marketing channels. You will work on algorithms that optimize objective functions given budget and related business constraints across a number of marketing channels, e.g., Google’s Product Listing Ads, Facebook’s Dynamic Product Ads, eBay Partner Network, Display Ads, etc.
• Aggregate huge amount of data and information from large numbers of sources to discover patterns and features necessary to build machine learning models that match eBay’s inventory with customers’ demand via Paid Internet Marketing channels.
• Design and implement end-to-end solutions using Machine Learning, Optimization, and other advanced computer science technologies, and own live deployments to drive customer traffic to eBay.
• PhD in computer science, engineering or related field with 5 years of relevant experience.
• MS in computer science, engineering or related field with 7 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
• Strong programming skills (one or more of Java, C/C++, Python) in industrial setting
• Expertise in specialized areas such as Optimization, Text Mining, Probabilistic Inference, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems.
• Extensive experience with large data sets and related technologies, e.g., Hadoop, Pig, Spark.
• Knowledge of SQL, Oracle and/or Teradata, R, and scikit-learn is preferred
• Good communication skills, ability to work with large cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical members
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.