Financial Analyst, Ebay Partner NetworkBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0034026
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About Our Team:
Looking for a team where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you. The eBay Partnerships team leads one of the world's largest global affiliate networks with a $200 million+ budget that annually delivers billions of dollars of sales on eBay. Every day our team drives new customer acquisition and multi-billion dollar growth for eBay. For over 15 years we’ve been innovating and operating as a self-contained, end-to-end business within eBay’s global digital marketing group.
We are seeking a Finance Manager to oversee operational and financial responsibilities and financial performance of one of the world’s largest performance marketing channels. This is a great opportunity for an individual with interests in both finance and operations. Someone who has the organizational ability to manage tight operations in service to our Partners, but also with a passion for analyzing marketing and finance data, studying performance trends, and developing processes to ensure smooth financial operations. Your mission will be to ensure that every system involving money movement and reporting is reliable, robust and trusted, and also identify opportunities for improvement.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Executing the monthly payout process to all global ePN publishers
- Leading the weekly forecasting process for evergreen and strategic working spend.Designing better financial models to improve forecasting capabilities
- Serving as finance subject matter expert for the Partnerships channel, in collaboration with executive stakeholders around the world
- Helping to ensure that channel performance tracks to our budget and financial goals.Contextualizing performance trends, and accounting for company goals, internal events, marketplace dynamics, and historical results. Providing commentary that adds insight and clarity
- Working cross-functionally with internal and external teams to streamline finance operations
- Managing non-working spend P&L
- Identifying and driving financial process and reporting improvements.Developing enhanced reporting and visualizations based on evolving business needs
- Collaborating closely with channel spend managers to ensure alignment and cultivate feedback loops
- Performing ad hoc modeling, analysis and reporting for both internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting eBay Tax team with ePN tax requirements, including delivery of 1099-MISC yearly forms, escheatment, and monthly IRS withholding
With your support and drive, we can take our business to the next level of global growth. This role is based in our vibrant Seattle (Bellevue), WA office and works with partners across our San Jose, Berlin, London, Milan, and Sydney offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related quantitative fields (Economics, Math, Statistics, or Engineering); Master’s degree a bonus
- 3-7 years of work experience, with emphasis on financial planning and forecasting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Experience using SQL (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determination of data reasonableness based on business insight)
- Analytic, modeling, forecasting and reporting skills.Analytical, curious and capable of analyzing complex datasets, spotting outliers and observing trends
- Result driven, highly motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with internal and external teams globally
- Comfortable communicating across wide spectrum of partners, including executive-level leads, and able to make clear and concise recommendations based on objective analysis
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and to deliver quality results within tight timelines
- 6 Sigma green/black belt qualification
- Previous experience working in affiliate marketing
- Familiarity with concepts related to incrementality, testing design and attribution modeling
- Adept with data driven business management and related tools/technology (Python, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.)
eBay Inc. operates e-commerce platforms that connect buyers and sellers worldwide. Its platforms enable sellers to organize and offer inventory for sale; and buyers to find and buy virtually anytime and anywhere. The company’s Marketplace platforms include its online marketplace at ebay.com and the eBay mobile apps; its StubHub online ticket platform; and its collection of market-leading Classifieds platforms worldwide with brands such as Mobile.de, Kijiji, Gumtree, Marktplaats, and eBay Classifieds. eBay Inc. was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in San Jose, California
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: