Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Can you bring the ideas, energy, and dedication needed to reach and engage the next 100M eBay users? eBay Seattle is looking for very talented and motivated software engineers to join its Traffic team. The Traffic team is responsible for the world class platforms and algorithms powering all of eBay's outbound traffic, advertising, and its affiliate program. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining features for the Traffic platforms (Content Management System, Campaign Manager, Targeting Engine, and more). This is an exciting and business critical role given Traffic’s importance to eBay.
• Collaborate with architects, engineers, QA and Operations teams to develop and support strategic and tactical solutions.
• Designing and developing application features based on a rapidly changing business strategy and new partner API enhancements.
• Focusing on scaling and enhancing the existing platform with maintainability in mind.
• Rapidly prototype new features and then productionalize them in a more hardened Production environment
Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• 5+ years of application development/programming experience, preferably in Java.
Sound understanding of OOP and design patterns.
• Solid understanding of Web services. Web UI experience is a plus.
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Pig are a plus.
• 1+ year of experience with application development in a rapid iteration/agile software development team.
• Good communication skills, and the ability to work individually and independently, within a team, and across teams.
• The ability to independently design, code and test major features, as well as collaborate with other team members to deliver complex applications.
• Highly Desired: High performance/high volume application development experience
BS in computer science or related field with 5+ years of related programming experience or MS with 3+ yrs of related experience.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years