Software Engineer 3Bellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0017698
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
• Collaborate with architects, engineers, QA and Operations teams to develop and support strategic and tactical solutions.
• Designing and developing application features based on a rapidly changing business strategy and new partner API enhancements.
• Focusing on scaling and enhancing the existing platform with maintainability in mind.
• Rapidly prototype new features and then productionalize them in a more hardened Production environment
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Sound understanding of OOP and design patterns.
• Solid understanding of Web services.
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Pig.
• 1+ year of experience with application development in a rapid iteration/agile software development team.
• Good communication skills, and the ability to work individually and independently, within a team, and across teams.
• The ability to independently design, code and test major features, as well as collaborate with other team members to deliver complex applications.
• Highly Desired: High performance/high volume application development experience
BS in computer science or related field with 5+ years of related programming experience or MS with 3+ yrs of related experience.
View our accessibility infoR0017698
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.