MTS 1 Software Engineer
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science/engineering fundamentals (Including strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm writing skills and Object oriented programming concepts), a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun. And you should be customer focused – because great business results is what our teams are about, and eBay sellers depend on us.
It’s all about the code. High quality, efficient, elegant code that fuels the commerce revolution. Help create the infrastructure and applications that unlock more economic opportunity for millions of people every day. This is your chance to take on some of the most complex technical problems in service of making a tangible impact around the globe.
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Productive 9
- Quick-thinking 8
- Team Player 7
- Courageous 6
- Creative 5
If you love new challenges and want to take your career by the horns, eBay is a great place to grow and develop.
eBay Speeds Up Mobile Experiences by Expanding AMP Technology for Product Pages
Mobile web customers will now experience even faster search with the addition of Brands and Interests.
Engineering with a purpose
Our engineering teams are at the forefront of this evolving, dynamic marketplace, with the ultimate goal of helping connect buyers with sellers all across the globe.
Enhancing the User Experience of the Hadoop Ecosystem
At eBay, we have multiple large, multi-tenant clusters. Each of these clusters stores hundreds of petabytes of data.
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
• Collaborate with architects, engineers, QA and Operations teams to develop and support strategic and tactical solutions.
• Designing and developing application features based on a rapidly changing business strategy and new partner API enhancements.
• Focusing on scaling and enhancing the existing platform with maintainability in mind.
• Rapidly prototype new features and then productionalize them in a more hardened Production environment
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Sound understanding of OOP and design patterns.
• Solid understanding of Web services.
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Pig.
• 1+ year of experience with application development in a rapid iteration/agile software development team.
• Good communication skills, and the ability to work individually and independently, within a team, and across teams.
• The ability to independently design, code and test major features, as well as collaborate with other team members to deliver complex applications.
• Highly Desired: High performance/high volume application development experience
BS in computer science or related field with 5+ years of related programming experience or MS with 3+ yrs of related experience.
View our accessibility infoR0017698
About our locationBellevue Office
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.