Design Program Manager LeadBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0037206 Subsidiary eBay
The eBay Design team is seeking a hardworking, passionate Design Program Manager Lead to define and drive design process innovation for UX Design and Design Tech. The eBay design team is responsible for all eBay Marketplace user experiences across the web, iOS, Android and more. eBay is one of the world’s top online marketplaces. Whether buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one-of-a-kind - if it exists in the world, it is probably for sale on eBay. Our mission is to be the world's favorite destination for discovering great value and unique selection. We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers' success. 183 Million active buyers, 1.4 Billion live listings, 490 Million app downloads. We empower people and create economic opportunity. We focus on partnering with our sellers, not competing against them. We are building stronger connections between buyers and sellers with product experiences that are fast, mobile, and secure. We are transforming the individual selling experience to help users the turn things they no longer need into cash they can use.
What sets us apart? Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. We have buyers on 190 markets worldwide and are a top 10 global retail brand. At eBay, our purpose links us to something bigger than ourselves. We employ outstanding people who do meaningful work that has a tangible impact on the lives of individuals all over the world. We've been doing this for over 20 years and we are just as passionate about it today as when we founded the company in 1995.
The eBay design team has a creative team in Seattle, San Francisco, Portland, New York City and San Jose. In this position, you’ll have a significant impact on the customer experience as you take a leadership role in Design at eBay. You will be an advocate for and manager of a globally minded set of UX and Visual Designers and work collaboratively with Product Management, Business, and Engineering partners to ensure our platform consistently meets an ever-higher bar of quality, innovation, and performance.
The Senior Design Program Manager Lead should have deep expertise in optimizing user-centered design processes and product design teams -- from concept to prototyping iterations to final design system creation and engineering collaboration, then on to beta and launch refinement and tracking across multiple engineering teams and stakeholders. Since they will be dealing with so many touchpoints and workstreams, the person in this role should possess excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
The Design Program Manager Lead goals are:
To work with the product design teams to deliver product design work -- and identify points of friction in our user-centered product design process to optimize them for greater insight, efficiency, and craftsmanship.
This involves the following key responsibilities:
- Delivery - drive timely, satisfactory delivery of design team work by owning calendars, timelines, and team backlogs and removing obstacles to delivery, assisting with tactical issues, triaging bugs, scheduling reviews with partners and leadership, and communicating product/team status.
- Team-building - work with global eBay product team stakeholders (such as Product Managers, Engineering leaders and developers, Marketing, as well as Business owners) to understand how we could be more effective team members.
- Design Ops - driving decisions and use of Design Ops tools (such as wikis, ticketing systems, spreadsheets, and status meetings) to improve and scale the process or organizing work, communicating about it, and driving to successful completion of it.
- Vendor Management - drive processes for onboarding key vendors of the eBay Design team (such as with user research or design concepting) to enable quick and efficient use of time and communicate how delays are impacting schedules and deadlines.
- Advocacy and Outreach - work with eBay Design Leadership to help communicate and share the design process standard methodologies and breakthrough work of the team – through efficient, scalable tools or processes.
- Communication & Dissemination - facilitate contacts, information, and asset distribution between the eBay Design team and partners through self-service tools and documentation (ticketing systems, wikis, newsletters, portals.)
- Develop Excellence - support the Design and Creative team by driving mechanization of best practices across the team and across the broader music and entertainment and product design communities.
- Experience leading product design teams that build for scale (multiple platforms and markets)
- Experience driving user-centered or design thinking design process
- Passion for crafting scalable processes that increase the focus on customers and customer insights
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills
- Passion for creating platforms that empower people and create economic opportunity
- Passion for design process
- Passion for building positive relationships between business, experience and technology
- 12+ years experience as a Program Director, Program Management Head, Executive Producer, Director of Creative Services, UX Program Manager, Creative Producer, Director of Program Management, Product Design Producer, Director of Project Management, or similar
- Experience driving the scaling of product design for both creative quality and product efficiency/engagement
- Passion for user experience, creative direction, and programming and editorial impact
- Experience understanding how marketing and campaign projects affect product design, too
- Degree in Design Automation, Design Ops, Design Thinking, Project Management, or related field
- Online marketplace and multi-platform experience strongly preferred
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: