Sr Data ScientistBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0029357 Subsidiary eBay
Grade 26: Sr Manager of Paid Internet Marketing Analytics
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We look for inquisitive analytics leader, a life long learner with ample experience on data driven decision making, marketing science, machine learnt solutions for e-commerce and customer intel. If this is you, read on!
You will partner with marketers and engineers as well as external advertising agents to shape eBay’s global customer acquisition strategy and operations. You will manage a team of motivated, highly skilled data scientists working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, international environment focused on growing our business via Paid Marketing.
- Work with stakeholders to find workable solutions to our business problems on data. This will require ability to translate problems stated in business terms into quantitative approaches leading to projects starting small and aspiring to grow big if preliminary results are promising.
- Understand, evolve and eventually create marketing attribution systems to track business performance
- Support Product and Engineering teams on assessing initiatives and guide via data insight next steps and priorities. Leverage Product and Engineering capabilities to run analytics more effectively and efficiently.
- Keep balance between starting as many promising workstreams as we can possibly afford while leading a short selection of projects to full completion and final application.
- Full ownership of a heavy experimentation program, evolve methods and provide actionable insights to guide growth.
- Envision, prototype, development of optimization tools and processes for our global programmatic marketing operations.
- +6 years of experience, preferably in Marketing Analytics, preferably on B2C industry leader on positions with high visibility, responsibility and showing ability to transform and disrupt.
- Team player, adept to function in fluid & flat environments, matrix organizations, full goal ownership yet partial control
- Ability to transcend day to day tasks to see and pursue long term opportunities. Change agent ready to challenge and inform long term strategies through collaboration with multiple stakeholders, influencing, effective ground work and ruthless prioritization.
- Adept at problem solving using both textbook methods and novel viewpoints. Conscious risk taker, opportunity driven, motivated by innovative approaches out of our comfort zone.
- Able to spot and pursue opportunities as well as to translate high-level directions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision.
- Degree in a STEM discipline, Master degree or postgraduate education a big plus. Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science and statistical toolkits / software environments: Hadoop, R, Python, others. Scripting and programming skills: SQL is a must have.
- Experience on experimentation and qualification on statistical testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, seasoned influencing skills.
Location: preferably Bellevue (Seattle). San Jose (California) is an option.f you are interested in this role, then we look forward to your application!
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: