Sr. Design LeadBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0035685 Subsidiary eBay
As a Sr. Design Lead in the eBay product design group, you will help to define and drive the future state of our product design language working across all domains experiences in collaboration with the leadership team, design leads and working closely with our product & brand partners. Your key responsibility will be in making compelling user experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) that raise the bar. Your focus will be to help lead the craft of new core design primitives (typography, iconography, radius (shape), color, sound, depth, motion, layout, navigation) for eBay web, mobile, and tablet experiences. It will be your responsibility to align very closely with brand to help shift the narrative and bring brand through the core product design. This will allow the product experience to inform the brand expression and create a holistic CX across everything eBay executes. Through this process you will have a directing role in helping to define eBay’s data visualization style, illustration style for brand & marketing, and determine where sound design might fit inside the product. You will also need to work closely with engineering to ensure quality control as the core product experiences become real. You will be responsible for maintaining & helping to drive the shared core component systems and for updating the product design playbook or style guide for companywide use. You will work closely with design leaders, product management, brand, marketing, and engineering to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You are a very creative visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
- Create the vision for crafting unique and compelling motion design for the eBay core product experiences.
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications, and final graphics
- Drive the development and communication of design guidelines, patterns, and libraries
- Perform metrics analysis to inform design/UX optimization efforts
- Oversee close coordination with the product management team to develop a shared vision of a product and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
- Partner with the technology team to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles
- Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization
- Partner with others in the broader design community to develop and extend the experience across the array of offerings
- Inspire and mentor others on the User Experience team
- 6+ years professional experience as an UX design lead / user experience designer; expertise in both visual and motion design.
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related design discipline.
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Invision, Figma, Sketch, Adobe, & Keynote
- Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications
- Experience designing modular web-based e-commerce experiences
• Curious minds and an appetite for learning
• A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
• Fearless brainstorming
• Passion for the craft and the ability to showcase ideas with the latest design and prototyping tools
• A user-centric and strategic approach
• A point of view on the design and technology trends that will shape the future of our industry
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: