Sr. Director, Core Product EngineeringBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0041436
About eBay, Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY)
eBay is a global commerce leader. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. eBay creates inspiring experiences for our buyers, sellers and developers. Embracing innovation has been a cornerstone of our growth and customer loyalty over the past 25 years -- encompassing technologies such as AI, computer vision, natural language processing and machine translation. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
The Sr. Director, Core Product Engineering will be responsible for advising and shaping the global strategy of innovation. Reporting to eBay’s VP of Engineering, this leader will influence the entire engineering community within Core Product in driving alignment and helping us to bring our technology philosophy into focus. This leader will partner closely with buyer and seller experience engineering leaders to create experiences that help our customers engage with great brands and products from eBay sellers and marketers around the world.
The Sr. Director will provide thought leadership and influence the product integration strategy, overall architecture and design, and best in class user experience. S/he will add value by providing technical leadership across all software and operations groups, make fact-based recommendations regarding technology adoption and purchase, and lead product innovation initiatives that reflect both customer and market demands. This leader will ensure all teams are provided with support and guidance.
We are in search of leader who will bring a strong technology capability, with experience leading and delivering on strategic initiatives. This leader will also bring deep expertise in online global commerce. We are looking for an extremely customer-focused leader who can contribute and create breakthrough customer experiences. Understanding the user experience, this leader will be a visionary in creating a better experience across both product and service. This will require someone with exceptional leadership skills, who can inspire, drive engagement, and knows how to make others great. S/he will also partner closely with the Core Technology team, as we work together to modernize eBay’s tech stack, and prove that we can innovate and execute with agility, speed and quality
- Influence and lead the charge in building a phenomenal platform to create great products, enhancing the eBay shopping experience.
- Drive recommendations for technology adoption and modernizing the marketplace platform.
- Drive adoption of integration patterns and technologies.
- Evaluating and identifying appropriate technology platforms for delivering the company's services via a single customer-facing API.
- Participating in technical evaluation during organic growth and acquisition due diligence.
- Identifying technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Partner closely with User Experience and other key stakeholders to deliver a differentiated shopping and selling experience.
- Serve as technical advisor to Engineering leadership teams.
- Demonstrated ability to craft technology strategies based on the needs of the customer.
- Ability to use market research and data to make disciplined product and strategy decisions.
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects from concept to delivery while meeting schedules and budget.
- Track record of developing solid personal relationships with partners.
- Technical leadership to empower teams and foster innovation.
- Ability to deliver a robust, scalable and global platform that can be used to deliver market leading experiences across multiple screens.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a complex, matrixed global organization.
- Driven to tackle hard problems, and solve for potential breakthrough product and features.
- Have a track record of developing solid personal relationships with partners
- Proven people leader, with the ability to inspire, lead, and mentor a high performing organization.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.