CFO Brand4FriendsBerlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0017208 Subsidiary Brands4Friends
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Brands4friends.de (B4F) is Germany's first and largest shopping club for fashion & lifestyle products, with currently over 7 million registered club members. In exclusive sales campaigns, brands4friends offers not only products from popular fashion and lifestyle brands, but also collections from selected newcomer labels. Members can look forward to a selection of articles from over 1,500 manufacturers that is updated twice each day.
In addition to current collections from over-stocks as well as off-season goods, brands4friends regularly offers special collections and products from exclusive partnerships in its portfolio. brands4friends.de has been online since September 2007 and employs roughly 230 members of staff at its location in Berlin.
The CFO is responsible for financial oversight of the B4F business including Sourcing/Logistics/Production/Marketing and the Controlling and Accounting activities including Year end close and certification of the books in collaboration with the external auditors.
The position reports to the CFO of eBay Marketplaces Germany and manages an overall team of 20 Finance/FP&A, Accounting, and Analytics Professionals, including a direct staff of 3 Senior Managers. The CFO will be part of the B4F leadership team working closely with the B4F General Manager. This position will be based in Berlin.
- Advising the leadership team on and actively driving strategic direction.
- New business opportunities
- Geo expansion
- Actively drive business results.
- Overall responsibility for all Accounting & Compliance related matters.
- Managing the Accounting team and working with shared services resources.
- Responsible for month end as well as annual closing activities.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly forecasting and budget setting.
- Management & statutary reporting, local & US GAAP.
- Overseeing audit activities.
- Ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines and SOX regulations.
- Overseeing compliance and accuracy of our backend systems.
- Managing cash & cash forecasts.
Ideal candidates for this position must have 12+ years finance experience with several years managing people and some experience leading medium to large teams(15-20+). Knowledge of retail and e-commerce business is strongly preferred.
Candidates should also possess the following:
- Agility to work well in a matrix business environment across a combination of global, regional, country, and cross-functional teams.
- Polished communications skills including an ability to listen to the needs of the business units, comprehend complex matters, articulate issues clearly and concisely, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Experience influencing, training, mentoring and leveraging the skills of yourself and others to achieve objectives and a strong commitment to growing the careers of your team.
- Ability to design and implement processes in support of new business initiatives and experience leading operational and process change.
- Experience with FP&A processes and/or analytics tools
- Energy, flexibility, and desire to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing organization.
View our accessibility infoR0017208
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.