Lead Product Analyst (f/m/d)Berlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0031451 Subsidiary mobile.de
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
With more than 250 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant and dynamic online marketplace.
eCG is always looking for hardworking, high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Passionate about analytics? Excited about turning data into meaningful business insights?
We are looking for a Lead Product Analyst (f/m/d) and hardworking analytics leader to develop and grow a new team in the eCG Motors team in Berlin.
This role in the Motors team will take a data-driven approach to objectively informing product and process decisions critical to success of creating an extraordinary user experience and to achieving our commercial objectives.
Working with the Director of Product & Design organization, you will lead a team of product analysts focusing on identifying and solving user experience, commercialization, and product issues by turning data into actionable insights.
Curious, analytical, hypothesis-driven and fluent with data tools and sources, you will challenge of our understanding of our users and customers and be a key contributor in creating solutions.
As a player-coach, you will have a passion for developing and growing the individuals on your team while driving your own projects.
- Commit to results. Structure complex ambiguous consumer experience & commercial performance questions. Lead the data analysis and hypothesis iteration to create actionable insights
- Support product development with iterative testing to achieve the best possible user experience
- Grow People and Team: Coach, lead and mentor the product analysts on the team.
- Analyze trends within and across countries to uncover potential revenue opportunities
- Scale analytics best practices throughout the team and align with best practices in eCG
- Continually improve your knowledge of analytics tools, methods, our customers, business, and markets
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support the business as needed
Your Qualification & Skill Profile:
- Superb communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills in English; comfortable communicating with both senior management and entry level staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or other quantitative field
- 4-7 year track record (or equivalent) in using data to facilitate and influence product and or business decisions; including professional experience in a global organization
- Highest proficiency in PowerPoint and more generally delivering effective presentations
- Extraordinary attention to detail and strong knowledge of data methods
- Team-oriented; eager to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience leading direct reports or indirect people management across a matrix organization
- Experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Comfortable in ambiguity, shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Proficiency in at least one data querying language (SQL, Hive, etc)
- Hands on experience with one scripting language (R, Python, Java, etc)
- Basic knowledge A/B testing
- Experience applying statistical modelling to drive business decision-making
What we offer:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor
- The chance to work closely with other teams in eBay across Europe, North American and APAC
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities
- An opportunity to build applications, which will be used by millions of people globally
- Work with advanced techniques and analytical standards
- We are early adopter of new analytical trends
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsites & team events
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly company
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv.
Looking to leave your footprint in motors ecommerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy and sell vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay Classifieds MoVe.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself