(Senior) Android Developer (f/m)Berlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0025476 Subsidiary eBay Kleinanzeigen
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBayKleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds proposition in Germany and growing at an amazing speed. Currently, about 17 million unique customers use our native apps, mobile website and website every month.
We are managed like a start-up yet we are anchored in the global portfolio of eBay. Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop awesome apps. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better each day.
To make our team even more powerful we are hiring a (Senior)MobileDeveloper(f/m)forAndroid. As part of our mobile team you will be building and managing our app for Android and power our amazing growth.
If you are a believer in customer centric thinking, agile and lean software development, feel responsible for your product, enjoy working in multi-functional teams, want to craft quality and not quantity and most importantly want to make an impact then get in touch with us!
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help architect, build, iterate and manage our mobile application
- Ensure that code is stays in sync with the latest design standards and best-practices
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing, design/code reviews, and mentoring
- Push forward our test focused development process including unit, integration- and functional testing
- Partner closely with product management to continuously improve our app
- Research and prototype solutions to difficult problems
- At least 5 years of experience in object oriented development and 3 years of experience working with Android
- Enthusiasm for Android development, beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity
- Excellent understanding and strong experience with the Android platform (Fragments, Services, Content Providers)
- Know how to use Android Studio and Developer Tools
- Excellent programming skills in Java (Language and APIs)
- Experience with Kotlin language is a plus
- Experience in creating test driven mobile environments, e.g. experience in JUnit, Robolectric, Espresso
- Strong know-how in object-oriented software design and architectural patterns
- Experience with client/server architectures using HTTP, REST, XML, JSON and SQL
- Real life reference or open source projects (GitHub / Bitbucket / StackOverflow Account)
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
What do we offer?
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, real passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest Mac Book Pro, Notebook, PC you name it
- Home office possibilities
- A great campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: