(Senior) Android Developer (f/m)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0025476 Subsidiary eBay Kleinanzeigen
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you would be proud to be a part of.
eBayKleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds proposition in Germany and growing at an amazing speed. Currently, about 20 million unique customers use our native apps, mobile website and website every month.
We are run like a start-up yet we are anchored in the global portfolio of eBay. Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop awesome apps. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better each day.
To make our team even more powerful we are hiring a (Senior) AndroidDeveloper(f/m). As part of our mobile team you will be building and managing our app for Android and power our amazing growth.
If you are a believer in customer centric thinking, agile and lean software development, feel responsible for your product, enjoy working in multi-functional teams, want to craft quality and not quantity and most importantly want to make an impact then get in touch with us.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help architect, build, iterate and manage our Android application
- Ensure that code is stays up-to-date with the latest design standards and best-practices
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing, design/code reviews, and mentoring
- Push forward our test focused development process including unit, integration- and functional testing
- Partner closely with product management to continuously improve our app
- Research and prototype solutions to difficult problems
- At least 3 years of professional Android app development experience.
- Enthusiasm for Android development, beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity
- Excellent understanding and strong experience with the Android platform (Fragments, Services, Content Providers)
- Know how to use Android Studio and Developer Tools
- Excellent programming skills in Kotlin
- Experience with Java (Language and APIs)
- Very good understanding of architectural patterns for Android projects
- Experience in creating test driven mobile environments, e.g. experience in JUnit, Robolectric, Espresso
- Good understanding of object-oriented software design
- Experience with client/server architectures using HTTP, REST, JSON and SQL
- Real life reference or open source projects (GitHub / Bitbucket / StackOverflow Account)
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, real passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- Competitive salary and numerous benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest Mac Book Pro, Notebook, PC you name it
- Home office possibilities
- A great campus with fitness center (cycling, yoga, pilates), table tennis, table football, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: