Senior Data Scientist - GrowthBerlin, Germany Requisition Number R0030043 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Senior Data Scientist – Growth, Autos Marketplace
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
eBay Classified Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun. We look forward to hearing from you.
We believe that data is the voice of the customer. Through customer research and continuous experimentation, we make sure the customer is involved in building the best classifieds experience in the world. We’ve organized around the key stages of the customer, where every journey team is a matrix team consisting of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers and marketers.
You will be part of a new Growth Team for our Global Autos Marketplace. This is a fast-paced team that will be responsible for optimizing the customer funnel – acquisition, activation, and retention growth rates. The individuals on this team are highly motivated to create new channels and optimize features that drive user activation and engagement with our Autos marketplace. This team’s core capability will be data-driven rapid experimentation to identify winners that ultimately increase our drive Auto buyers to connect with Sellers.
We are looking for someone who has helped grow world-class products that people love. As a senior data scientist, you’ll work closely with product, engineering, design, marketing, and other data teams. You’ll dig in to deeply understand to derive customer insights, define and analyze growth experiments, and guide/help the team to build their data analysis and experimentation acumen. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify opportunities and validate factors that drive the acquisition & activation of users.
- Design experiments and interpret results to bring quick and actionable insights to the table.
- Lead, manage, and maintain best practices for rapid experimentation.
- Uncover users’ needs using exploratory analysis, predictive modelling, and statistics.
- Actively participate in hypothesis generation and driving product decisions.
- Communicate findings with stakeholders, including senior management.
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, UX designers, and product managers from local and global teams.
- Be a contributing member of a global data community. Coach and mentor more junior colleagues.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Analytical function applying insights/models and working with product/marketing teams.
- An M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree (e.g. Economics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, or similar).
- Background and/or experience in Marketing sciences is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge in A/B testing and related statistical methods.
- Experience using statistical models and ML for data exploration, predictive analysis, and causal inference.
- Proficient at working with large data. Good knowledge of SQL. Familiarity with Hadoop, Presto and/or Spark is a plus. Experienced in R and/or Python.
- Coaching or teaching experience is a plus.
- Strong communicator and fluent in English.
- Driven and demonstrating creativity and initiative.
eBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer. eBay does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and business need.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: