Senior Manager, Marketplaces StrategyBerlin, Germany Requisition Number R0028295
Our eBay Marketplaces Strategy team is seeking a Senior Manager, Marketplace Strategy. The candidate will be a creative thinker and project leader with high levels of intellectual curiosity. S/he will work with key stakeholders from all functions across the organization to design strategies and drive structured and data-based recommendations to action. Within this role, the candidate will have the ability to influence key elements of eBay’s strategy and help shape the future direction of eBay. The ideal candidate has a track record of making pragmatic, actionable recommendations with real world implementation experience.
eBay’s Strategy group is a global function, led by SVP, Chief Strategy Officer (based in San Jose and a direct report into the CEO). This Senior Manager role is based in DE and reports into Director Strategy EMEA based in Switzerland. The Senior Manager position provides a unique level of exposure and responsibility for candidates looking to move into a corporate role that provides future opportunities for rapid advancement across the eBay organization.
- Strategy development and execution: Support the development and implementation of our businesses’ visions, strategies, and long-term strategic priorities. Lead complex strategic projects and facilitate cross-functional and cross-regional teams. Perform strategic analysis and solve problems. Prepare and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Thought leadership: Develop content and topic expertise, as well as perspectives on issues important to eBay’s strategy with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Senior-level communication: Strong senior-level presence and able to command an audience and engage in constructive dialog with various levels of executives and team members
- Market intelligence: Develop insightful market intelligence about key industry trends (technology, competitors, consumers, and so on) and educate the organization regarding their strategic implications
- Managing through Uncertainty: Self-direct as well as manage resources across the organization to deliver superior end-products in a dynamic industry and corporate environment
- People development: Strong people motivation and development skills with a collaborate interpersonal style
- Excellence in structured thinking with superior analytical capabilities (quantitative and qualitative)
- Strong project leadership skills with a strong track record of results delivery
- Passion for e-commerce and new online products / technologies (e.g. e-commerce, payments, mobile)
- Strong and open personality, ability to work with senior business partners and challenge assumptions or opinions
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply with senior audiences. Strong influencing skills
- Intrinsic motivation and curiosity to look for the best possible answer
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, making recommendations based on data available
- Highly collaborative – be fun, outgoing, and easy to work with!
- MBA from a top tier institution
- 8+ years of work experience. Experience working for a top tier strategy consulting firm is a requirement
- Proven leadership experience in leading a high performing (project) team
- Industry experience in commerce/ retail, consumer goods or internet services
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) and good skills in German
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: