Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have ten brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities. In Germany, we have two of our leading brands:
mobile.de is the most popular market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most visited general classifieds proposition in Germany, with around 50% reach within the German internet population.
The newly founded eBay Classifieds Motors team operates worldwide from our offices in Amsterdam and Berlin. As part of the product development team in either Berlin Friedrichshain or Dreilinden near Potsdam (your choice!), you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a:
We are working in cross functional teams using agile methods. Backend-, Frontend- and Mobile Developers as well as Product Owners, Design/UX and Community Manager are working as a team to build successful products that excite our users and customers. Our teams have the full responsibility for development and operation of their services and apps, deciding about architecture, tech-stack and tools on their own, in close cooperation with the other teams. The foundation of our product are Java 8 / Spring Boot Backend Services, and a Node / Responsive React Frontend.
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Coach, guide and mentor teams on architecture and technology choices
- Collaborate with the other architects and senior devs on identifying, managing and minimizing tech debt in the platform
- Consult Product Managers, UX and stakeholders on the impact of product ideas and possible implementations
- Share architecture knowledge, learnings and best practices with the teams and other architects within eBay
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs (bonus: SEO Experience)
- Advanced knowledge of common web technologies (HTTP, DNS, REST/JSON, OAuth, Ajax)
- Experience with Automated testing, unit tests with Jest and UI tests with Selenium Webdriver
- Experience with package managers like npm and build pipelines like webpack
- Good understanding of Build Pipelines (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
- Willingness to speak at conferences and engage in the community are a strong plus
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
Looking to leave your footprint in motors e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and share vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join the eBay Classifieds Group Motors vertical.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself