UX Designer (f/m)Berlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0021496 Subsidiary mobile.de
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have ten brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities. In Germany, we have two of our leading brands:
mobile.de is the most popular market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most visited general classifieds proposition in Germany, with around 50% reach within the German internet population.
The newly founded eBay Classifieds Motors team operates worldwide from our offices in Amsterdam and Berlin. As part of the product development team in either Berlin Friedrichshain or Dreilinden near Potsdam (your choice!), you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a:
UX/ Product Designer (f/m)
As a UX/Product Designer, you will be part of a cross functional team, helping define and drive the experience and design the global MoVe platform. You will sync with your fellow teammates within the team and colleagues worldwide on features and newest developments.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
Maintaining a user-centered design approach as you tackle complex design problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Advocating for simple, modern design and adherence to design conventions (e.g., responsive, accessibility).
- Translating complex product requirements into intuitive user workflows, concepts and designs.
- Iteratively creating and refining low to high-fidelity prototypes.
- Identifying overreaching interaction and design patterns that can be used across our product ecosystem to ensure a consistent user and brand experience.
- Developing a long term UX vision for your focus area and breaking it down into concrete steps for agile development.
- Enjoying and having fun in productive design sprints with your team.
- Collaborating deeply with UX researchers, product managers and developers through the entire product lifecycle.
- Working on fast-paced projects, requiring attention to detail and working within constrained timelines.
- Participating in product research and analysis, always striving to know the customers for which you are designing.
- 3+ years of experience as a UX Designer, Product Designer, Interaction Designer or related field.
- An professional online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience.
- A solid understanding of user experience, user research, information architecture, interaction design and UI design, user centered design process and design principles.
- Problem solving and communication skills that demonstrate you know how to 1) understand user needs, 2) translate those needs into modern and intuitive experiences, and 3) justify design choices and adjust decisions based on feedback.
- Familiarity with UI patterns for web & apps.
- Both conceptual and design skills.
- Experienced in working in cross-functional teams (incl. product managers for discovery and developers for implementation of designs).
- Expert-level knowledge in a variety of state-of-the-art design, prototyping and other UX tools like Sketch, InVision, Framer, Principle, Abstract…
- Deep knowledge and interest in digital trends and cutting edge web design.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills.
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for ecommerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse and highly skilled team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary, including stock plans and company pension scheme
- Conference & education budget
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself