Senior Manager - EMEA Shared ServicesBern, Bern Requisition Number R0012447 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
• Provide leadership, inspiration, management and motivation for an organization of approximately 12 employees in Bern and a group of ~60 accountants at our outsourcing provider in India
• Closely cooperates with the EMEA/APAC Shared Services Director and the Global Process Management lead in setting the strategic direction for the organization while driving world class operational performance.
• Ensure the team achieves optimal balance between cost, efficiency and service delivery. Manage projects aiming at standardizing and improving accounting processes
• General Ledger: Overseas the timely, complete and accurate preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP as well as Local GAAP. Coordinates and manages all EMEA closing activities within the parameters of eBay’s monthly close guidelines, including internal and external auditor commitment. Ensure performance of proper reconciliation of all G/L accounts and integrity of financial statements. Responsible for the coordination and timely completion of the Statutory accounts and audits.
• P2P Operation: Responsible for Procure to Pay process (accounts payable, travel operations, expense reimbursement and corporate credit card program) in order to ensure an efficient, effective and comprehensive service to the business, its employees and vendors
• Maintaining an exceptionally strong internal control environment (SOX) to ensure compliance to standards and risk is mitigated. Confirm proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions and policies
• Manage our outsourced accounting operations partner in India.
• Act as an SME or manage and execute on special projects with cross functional business partners, peers and business controllers.
• Effectively partners with other members of the Finance function, the region and corporate to balance client’s expectations with team’s resources and workloads
• Partner with Global Process Management team to align best practices and operations.
• Ensure reporting of key metrics and SLAs are maintained
- Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum 6-7 years of related accounting experience with a multinational company and exposure to the Statutory accounts process
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manager position
- Hands-on experience in managing general ledger and accounts payable function
- US GAAP or IFRS and compliance experience
- Other European GAAP experience advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong management and people management skills; Self-motivated, high energy
- Team player with deep passion for perfecting the end-to-end experience across a diverse set of teams.
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.