Director, CS Strategy & DesignDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0023217-1 Subsidiary StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s mission is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We are the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, NFL, AEG, and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand - We experience the world through StubHub
Lead the strategic design of StubHub’s customer service delivery model to drive excellence, effectiveness and efficiency in our end to end service experience to drive greater value for our customers and the business. Partner with our product and technology teams to build the enabling capabilities supporting both the customer interactions and our employee workflow.
We are looking for a Director to join our Customer Service Experience team, to lead a service design and delivery strategy that creates a highly engaging and simple to use customer and service expert experience. This role is a key member of the Customer Experience leadership team and will be the primary interface to our Product & Technology teams, partnering on the prioritization and design of experience and technology solutions to advance customer and business needs.
The ideal candidate will have a strong business process transformation and ideally customer service background, in a senior management role, with demonstrated experience in execution, business partnership and innovation in a fast-paced and growing and changing industry.
What You’ll be Doing
Our Customer Experience organization is building a transformational StubHub service experience. This leader will be instrumental in driving customer-centric thinking and best practices into the end to end customer experience from a capability and process view, and will partner closely with the rest of our Customer Experience, Trust & Safety and Product and Technology leadership to transform how we interact with and drive new value every day with our customers. This leader will also work closely with business, marketing, product and domain leads to build great tools, self-service, and community experiences that will lead the industry.
The span of this role is to transform and identify opportunities to optimize all service channels to provide enhanced customer experience with a view on proactive customer recovery and growth and solution driven focus. The strategy will include the full range of services (Intelligent Commerce Care) to our customer base across phone, chat and email channels, and across 45 markets and 20+ languages. Additionally, ensuring our experts have the right enabling tools to effectively support customer interactions which are seamless and easy to use.
Be a passionate advocate for creating emotionally engaging customer experiences that drive new avenues of growth. He/she is comfortable working in a fast paced environment with a bent for getting things done.
He/she should be a creative, innovative, and curious leader who has a passion for customers and commerce. We need a strategic thinker who enjoys challenging organizations to fulfill their potential and deliver for customers.
The ideal candidate will have previously built solutions that drive innovation, while establishing operational framework and processes that will scale. This leader will have a deep passion for perfecting the end-to-end experience across a diverse set of teams, discipline and platform technologies. A focus on customer needs and market demands, is critical to success.
This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or Salt lake City, UT and will report into the Sr Director, StubHub Global Customer Experience
- Clearly define the service delivery strategy to position StubHub as an industry leader in customer service experience, with the enabling capabilities and infrastructure at scale
- Maximize global efficiencies with the ability to customize and innovate for local markets
- Provide leadership and support partnering with our customer experience and trust teams, and our product and technology teams to jointly define our customer service and engagement value proposition
- Drive service design and delivery vision, strategy, requirements gathering and execution for the StubHub customer experience.
- Partner closely with Product, functional business unit(s) and other key stakeholders to deliver a differentiated experience.
- Build a 3-5 year strategic roadmap for the customer experience function, with stakeholder input and a cross-organizational planning view; positioned for evaluation for the 2019 planning cycle
- Partnering with our Product & Technology team, accelerate the development of our future state technology platform that provides global workforce capabilities and flexibility, while leveraging industry best in class solutions.
- Obsess over details to achieve simplicity.
- Translate objectives into specific tactical plans.
- Define and set standards for each service channel, performance, and ROI.
- Partner with product to design and build the next generation of tools that enables our agents to deliver a great customer experience at a lower cost.
- Create a highly engaging and scalable experience and team that leads StubHub into the future.
- Leads through innovative people leadership and motivation for all employees
- Attracts, coaches, develops the people to grow in their potential.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- 10+ years’ customer service experience in a highly dynamic and distributed customer service environment.
- 10+ years’ experience in leading and driving business process transformation, heavily dependent on technology driven solutions, preferably for a complex global customer service organization with a large user/customer base
- Experience with customer service technology packages (e.g., Siebel, Oracle Knowledge, Genesys, etc.) a plus
- Enthusiastic about the latest mobile, commerce, consumer internet trends and emerging customer service tools and experiences
- Strong drive and curiosity to come up with new ideas, identify opportunities, and create vision to drive the business forward.
- Passion for delivering experiences that delight customers.
- Ability to think big while maintaining a maniacal attention to detail and intense focus on great experience.
- Excellent communication skills program management capabilities, and operational excellence.
- Passion, and a proven track record, for delivering experiences that delight customers
- Ability to shift from developing and communicating a strategy to executing in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Thought leader who inspires those around he/she to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and to influence peers, managers, business unit leaders and other teams
- Strong leadership, motivation and people skills contributing to an engaging, inclusive and diverse work environment and culture
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself