Employee Relations ConsultantDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0041183 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
As a member of People Experience, you will join the team dedicated to delivering end to end support to our global workforce providing employees with a stellar HR experience and providing solutions to tackle business needs. As an Employee Relations Consultant, you will provide guidance, support and recommendations for the resolution of critical and complex employee relations activities. You will provide consultation and coaching to Americas based employees and managers in areas such as (but not limited to): complex performance management, compliance and investigations, conflict resolution, benefit policy, labor law legislation and sensitive exit and termination management. The Employee Relations Consultant will have proven experience closely collaborating with other People Partners such as People Business Partners (PBPs), eBay Employment Counsel, People & Organizational Development Partners and other COEs.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provides coaching and advice to managers on performance management and corrective action (relevant to the jurisdiction) enabling them to implement corrective action processes which are consistent across business entities; may deliver presentations and training as needed
- Conducts internal investigations and advises on employee complaints and grievances (e.g., discrimination, harassment, retaliation) recommend solutions and assists with facilitation of resolution
- Provides jurisdictionally appropriate legal advice and interpretation on employment legislation, and handles most aspects of involuntary employee terminations
- In close partnership with People Business Partners, support managers and employees through departmental restructuring activities
- Support complicated leave of absence, ADA and FMLA situations by offering a high touch and consistent approach to employees and leaders
- Participate in broad range of projects across the People Experience team as well as recommend process improvement and policy development
- Strong knowledge and understanding of employment legislation, its interpretation and implementation, and of employment practices particularly in the areas of performance management, FMLA, ADA, FLSA & ERISA
- Demonstrate effective influencing skills to provide resolution to complex and highly sensitive employee relations issues
- Experience leading multiple, concurrent, high-priority employee relations activities with a focus on timely and consistent execution with the ability to deliver high level of performance and service excellence
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and diagnose root cause through effective listening skills and inquiry
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team environment while developing strong professional relationships with peers, managers, executives and cross-functional teams
- Stellar documentation skills are required along with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to identify trends, analyze issues and communicate insights to influence change
- Experience in preparation and delivery of presentations/training to managers.
- Ability to use sound judgment to problem solve, make decisions and involve necessary individuals at the appropriate time
- Demonstrated at recommending appropriate solutions to People Partners and business leaders
- Proficient at, and passionate about, coaching and developing manager capabilities
- Strong analytical mindset and able troubleshooter adept at analyzing detailed information.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global organization and to build strong trust-based relationships with remote client groups and colleagues
- Operate as a strong self-starter with a high degree of autonomy
- 5-7 or more years in area of Human Resources in a global organization
- 5 or more years in the area of Employee Relations; specialist jurisdictional or functional expertise preferred
- Experience working with remote teams preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Higher certification in Human Resource Management (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP)
Position Scope Details:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed within the role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required, nor be the entire list of behaviors or expectations for which one may be measured upon within the performance review process. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their manager. Job scope and focus may differ across geographies. Some travel may be required
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: