Head of Marketing and PRDraper, Utah
San Francisco, California Requisition Number R0030164 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay a company you can be proud to be a part of.
A leader in vehicle ecommerce, eBay Vehicles aims to be the source that consumers shop first when searching for cars, trucks, motorcycles, commercial trucks and other specialty vehicles. eBay’s US Vehicles business is part of the Global Growth Business Unit within eBay Classifieds, which is a portfolio of businesses in the US, Mexico, South Africa, and Poland.
We are seeking an experienced, autos-oriented Head of Marketing and PR who will own the complete marketing experience for our US Vehicles business.
The role is responsible for leading the marketing team, and overseeing the marketing budget as well as owning the annual marketing plan. You will play a key role in the eBay Vehicles business. Strong partnership will be required with eBay Classifieds and eBay inc.
The Head of Marketing should drive a holistic marketing strategy (C2C and B2B) across all channels and bring together one plan. Inspiring and enabling the teams with a compelling value proposition for eBay Vehicle users and customers is a key focus.
- Leading a team of around 5, that would include all owned, earned and paid media channels.
- Development of Marketing Strategy to attract and retain both consumer and business users with integrated campaigns across all channels. This includes identification of target audiences, develop a deep understanding of the eBay vehicle customer journey, and crafting of messaging frameworks together with the team.
- Creating and managing a marketing budget plan for the year while ensuring the most efficient channel mix with the highest ROI and aligning marketing programs with business strategy.
- Building, coaching and development of a high performing team. Responsible for sourcing and hiring of new team members; constantly raising the talent bar.
- Motivating and energizing the team by defining best-in-class marketing and channel experience.
- Creating and maintaining strong partnerships with eBay core and eBay Classifieds Group, Product, Sales, Analytics, Agencies and other key partners and stakeholders.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or college diploma, extensive leadership and management experience with a minimum of 8+ years of experience in marketing, to include 5+ years Management experience.
- Willing & effective player/coach and a track record of building, leading, and managing high performing teams a must.
- Exceptional business and strategic acumen.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; Building networks of people across a global and matrixed organization.
- Ability to coordinate a team that owns and drives a huge amount of marketing campaigns every year.
- E-commerce or Marketplace experience essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; candidate must be able to think creatively, communicate strategically and efficiently, both internally and externally.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: