North America Forecasting AnalystDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0030277
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Global Customer Experience (GCX) team is responsible for building experiences that customers love in Service Delivery. The role we are hiring for is Forecasting Analyst as part of the GCO Strategic Analytics team within the GCX organization. This team is responsible for extracting learnings and insights from our customer interactions and influencing direction inside GCX and more broadly outside of GCX.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Analyzing and understanding call volume drivers and trends
- Developing and Implementing a closed loop to feed these learning’s back into both the business and the forecast
- Developing a short, mid and long-term forecast based on our service delivery strategy using statistical modeling
- Creating Region, Channel and Staff Group level forecast at weekly/daily level based on strong analytics
- Proactively determining risk and opportunities through scenario analysis
- Supporting Planning Analyst with clear, concise review of volume drivers
- Providing variance analysis of volume forecast vs. prior Outsource Lock, Financial Forecast, Budget and Various Scenario
- Presenting critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answer questions about the inputs and outputs of Demand Forecasting systems and improving their performance
- Communicating verbally and in writing to business customers with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
- Process Management & Improvement:
- Implementing continuous improvements in the forecasting including opportunities to streamline and automate.
- Developing Forecast Accuracy measurement methodology
- Implementing Forecast Accuracy measurement reporting and communication strategy
- Special Analysis:
- Analysis of special cause drivers including billing, BSTD, bugs, etc.
- Executive Summaries of volume risks and opportunities
- Addition Ad Hoc Analysis as needed
- Demonstrated forecasting experience using statistical modeling
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience forecasting in either a multi-channel contact center or operations environment.
- Demonstrated SQL experience
- 5+ years of experience forecasting in either a multi-channel contact center or operations environment.
- Advanced forecasting, statistical modeling, Excel, SQL, PowerPoint, business presentations
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: