Patent ParalegalDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0041496
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Inc. is looking for a motivated patent paralegal with at least 5 years of experience in a corporate patent department or law firm. Requirements for this position include proven experience using patent docketing software as well as experience in the following areas:
- Ongoing responsibility for disclosure intake process.
- Open new patent matters in database and update data as required.
- Generate reports and provide metrics on patent portfolio for in-house attorneys and eBay’s business units.
- Run various weekly docket reports for eBay attorneys and follow-up with attorneys as necessary.
- Support corporate-wide patent incentive program.
- Point of contact for inventors regarding disclosures and initial patent prosecution inquiries, and for outside counsel on routing prosecution matters.
- Provide paralegal support for group as needed.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform the above responsibilities successfully and have the following experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a law firm or corporate patent department.
- Understanding of US and International patent prosecution processes and maintenance of patents.
- Understanding of US and International patent office rules and annuities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of patent docketing systems. Foundation IP strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of database systems, reporting tools, and business computer programs, including MS Suite and Google Suite.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, high-priority tasks while using good judgment and appropriate discretion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with a diverse and international team of attorneys, staff and technologists.
- Bachelors Degree and Paralegal certificate preferred.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.