Sr. Manager, Program AnalyticsDraper, Utah
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0032850 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Global Customer Experience (GCX) team is responsible for building experiences that customers love in Service Delivery. The role we are hiring for is Program Analytics Senior Analyst as part of the Strategic Analytics team within the GCX organization. This team is responsible for extracting learnings and insights from our customer interactions and influencing direction inside GCX and more broadly outside of GCX.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to transform data into insight & recommended actions for inspiring change in business results
- Help create a combination of reports and data points to illustrate performance of programs and identify areas for focus/improvement
- Transform scientific/data analysis and communicate business performance in a clear and insightful way to the business to facilitate timely and informed decision making
- Drive strategic direction of programs based on data points and insights
- Be an advocate of GCX for the rest of the eBay organization, pushing insights to make eBay and GCX better
- Provide global business & analytics thought leadership
The role is focused on inspiring change & better decisions, through data analysis, rigorous truth seeking & actionable synthesis. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style – all that with a roll-up-the-sleeve, action-oriented mindset – to have impact in our fast-paced never-boring environment. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in quantitative analysis, problem definition, synthesis & recommendation development will be essential. Successful candidates will have extraordinary interpersonal skills, initiative, and integrity.
Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic ability.
- BS Degree in Statistics/Mathematics or quantitative field required (or experience equivalent), PhD/MS degree definite advantage
- Strong communication skills and experience distilling and presenting complex quantitative financial analysis into action-oriented recommendations.
- Prior experience in producing forecasts, creatively applying regression techniques/modeling, optimization techniques, cluster analysis, A/B testing, etc for business applications
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities and objectives
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills with the ability to communicate and deal with all levels in the organization in a clear, timely and effective manner
- Familiarity with SQL, R, SAS, Python, SAS or other data accessing/manipulation/computational tools
- History of leading teams to successful outcomes and mentoring/managing other team members
- Strong promoter of diversity and inclusion as a natural way of conducting business
- 5+ years of experience in analytics and insights
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: