Engineering Manager / Unit Lead (m/f)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0029692 Subsidiary mobile.de
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities. In Germany, we have two of our leading brands:
mobile.de is the most-visited vehicle market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most visited general classifieds proposition in Germany.
The newly founded motors marketplace eBay Classifieds MoVe operates worldwide from our offices in Amsterdam and Berlin. As part of the product team in Dreilinden near Potsdam, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a:
Engineering Manager / Unit Lead (m/f).
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
Lead, coach and mentor Team Leads and Architects for internal teams
Effectively integrate and leverage external teams to increase delivery velocity
- Improve agile development and continuous delivery process across teams
Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to Product Owners, UX Leads, other Unit Leads and Business Owners
Matrix-manage multiple multidisciplinary teams – be accountable for dealing with blockers and critical issues
Foster continuous knowledge transfer in the team and across teams
Ensure roadmap delivery and achievement of business targets for your unit
Establish a great working culture and drive employee satisfaction through coaching, innovation and inclusion
Support the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the teams
Apply lean practices to steer team dynamics and delivery support – foster a metric-driven approach across the unit
- Several years of experience in leading teams and developing employees
- Several years of experience in agile project and team management
- Solid understanding of software design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- Strong business acumen with great negotiation, influencing, conflict management skills
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for ecommerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse and highly skilled team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary, including stock plans and company pension scheme
- Conference & education budget
- Developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
Looking to leave your footprint in motors ecommerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy and sell vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay Classifieds MoVe.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself