General Manager, Mobile.deDreilinden, Brandenburg, Berlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0027731 Subsidiary mobile.de
About the Organisation
eBay Classifieds Group is hiring a Managing Director for Germany’s #1 Online Vehicle Marketplace mobile.de in Berlin, Germany. The eBay Classifieds Group (ECG) is the world leader in online classifieds, with sites that span over 25 countries across the globe. ECG’s sites serve more than 70 million unique visitors per month, helping those customers find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities, whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
eBay Classifieds Group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the scale, resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Their culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun. Visit www.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com for more information.
Founded in 1996, and integrated into the eBay family in 2004, mobile.de currently has close to 17 million unique visitors per month and more than 1.5 million vehicles, making it the most popular vehicle market in Germany. More than 42k car dealers list their inventory on mobile.de and sell over 50% of their cars through the site. Mobile.de features the largest single range of cars, commercial vehicles and motorcycles in Germany. Sellers advertising their vehicles on mobile.de can reach customers all over Germany and internationally. The wide selection of new and used vehicles and the coverage achieved by mobile.de ensure a balance between supply and demand and lead to a high rate of successful sales. Mobile.de is designed for both private customers and professional vehicle dealers. Mobile.de also helps its users find financing and insurance deals and it offers highly efficient online advertising options. In addition to cars classifieds, mobile.de operates MOTOR-TALK, Europe’s biggest cars community.
The Role & Responsibilities
- The Managing Director of mobile.de will be responsible for setting a future strategy that maintains mobile.de on a high growth path
- He/she is a mature leader with a track record of building and leading senior, high performing teams across all business and functional areas including commercial, marketing, product & tech, sales, with full P&L responsibility. HR and finance & analytics all have a dotted line into the MD.
- He/she will need to evolve the brand and product experience to meet rapidly evolving customer expectations and in the light of evolving competitive landscape. He/she will need to push for further innovation to create and capture value in both the core business and across new opportunities.
- To achieve this, the Managing Director will need to think beyond the local German market and competitive landscape, sharing learnings and talent across the eBay Classifieds group and eBay internationally, and interacting closely with global motors innovation specialists.
- He/she will need to inspire the organization with a clear vision and lead the teams through a period of significant change, particularly across ways of working and collaborating both internally and with the wider eCG organization. They will successfully understand how to maintain a high performing and entrepreneurial culture, whilst collaborating more closely and working more integrated with central functions across the international community.
- Mobile.de also plays a critical role in the motors category within Germany and internationally. The Managing Director will play a key external role for the company, and be a visible and influential figure within the motors industry both internally and across the wider market. They will be a comfortable orator, presenter and thought leader across the space.
- The Managing Director mobile.de will report into the VP eBay Classifieds Germany.
Experience & Skills
- Experienced General Manager/ P&L owner with proven track record of successfully leading a complex organisation across commercial, technical and operational functions.
- Will have successfully led an organisation of scale.
- Will bring substantial experience within a matrixed and international organisation.
- The desired candidate will be strategically strong, customer-centric and product minded.
- Will be an exceptional people leader, able to manage and retain experienced and senior teams.
- A demonstrable track record of leading an organisation through a period of change or transformation would be highly desirable.
- Deep experience of marketplaces or classifieds business models. An understanding of the motors category is desirable.
- Will demonstrate a passion for motors and an appetite to act as a thought leader for the category internally and with external audiences.
- Fluent in English. Experience of the German market is highly desirable but not essential.
- Highly capable strategically and analytically, with a track record of delivering growth in competitive categories. Will be pragmatic, results-driven and execution focused.
- A high achiever, with a strong academic track record. An MBA would be advantageous.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself