Intern in Revenue ManagementDreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0029539
eBay is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, connecting people with the things they need and love virtually anytime, anywhere. eBay has 170 million active buyers globally and more than 800 million live individual and merchant listings at any given time, the majority of which is new and fixed-price merchandise. With mobile apps available in 190 countries, eBay delivers a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world. Tailored shopping experiences, including eBay Fashion and eBay Motors, customize buying and selling; and eBay provides variety and choice for sellers by enabling them to offer goods through online, mobile and local channels to consumers around the world.
We are currently looking for an
Intern (f/m/d) in Revenue Management
- from March 2019, for 6 months -
We are looking for a commercial thinker, somebody who thrives on balancing analytical complexity with real-world customer insights and has a passion for our business and e-commerce. You will be a key member of the German (DE) Monetization team that owns Pricing & Pricing Promotions (related to selling fees) for the B2C and C2C business on eBay.de and eBay.at. You will work closely with the pricing lead and the pricing analytics team in developing and executing pricing & promotion strategies, analysing and recommending specific changes and then taking responsibility for implementing them in the business.
Your tasks will include:
- Working on projects and running campaigns that make an immediate impact on our customers and business
- Data extraction, analysis and providing business insights, preparing readouts for Management
- Strategic planning and execution of promotions on eBay.de and eBay.at to drive seller engagement
- Working with analysts, account managers and customer service agents on pricing and billing related topics
- Developing communications approaches to improve customer engagement and conversion
- Synthesizing recommendations for stakeholders
- Genuine enthusiasm for eBay and e-commerce – buying and/or selling experience on eBay is
definitely a plus
- Self-driven, enjoy working independently and are interested in making a material impact on business performance
- Strong analytical skills & a commercial mindset i.e. the ability to use data to make decisions, understand patterns, and drive results
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Good communication skills in English, German is a plus.
- Experience with SQL, statistics, analysis of large data sets and a data visualization tool like Tableau is a plus
- Working in a diverse and supportive environment where an expert opinion is just an eMail or call away
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe and the USA.
- Opportunity to grow personally and improve skill set
- Attractive salary and Latest Notebook
- Free Snacks & Drinks, subsidized Lunch in the cafeteria
- Great campus with fitness center, table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: