Intern (m/f/d) Category & Project MgmtDreilinden, Germany
Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0033131 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, connecting people with the things they need andlove virtually anytime, anywhere. eBay has 179 million active buyers globally and more than 1 billion live individual and merchant listings at any given time, the majority of which is new and fixed-price merchandise. With mobile apps available in 190 countries, eBay delivers a personalized shopping experience andperfectaccess to inventory from down the street andaround the world.Tailored shopping experiences, including eBay Fashion and eBay Motors, customize buying and selling; and eBay provides variety and choice for sellers by enabling them to offer goods through online, mobile and local channels to consumersaround the world.
For the support of our teams in Dreilinden in Berlin we are looking for:
Intern (m/f/d) Category & Project Management
- from now on, for 6 months -
You will be part of the eBay team managing our core categories. In your role, here at eBay, you will be heavily involved in projects and initiatives focusing on strategically steering the category development, analyzing inventory sold & bought, assessing and improving the experience of sellers and buyers to improve the overall marketplace. Depending on your skill set there is the ability to start small but grow into guiding/driving teams. You will be mentored by senior managers within eBay to make sure you are off to a good start.
We are looking for an intern who is quick on his feet, analytical, organized and does not back away from doing operational work. This person needs a focus on the customer needs, communicate clearly and have a structured approach to problems and projects.
- Supporting the category manager in analyzing the performance and development of the assigned category and derive actions and projects (e.g. analysis the business performance of the gaming sector and identification of revenue drivers, research of the impact certain brands have on success of specific sales campaigns)
- Understanding trends and new developments in the market, impact of those to eBay and to communicate these to others
- Support in reporting of key performance indicators
- Coordination and management of projects, activities or initiatives with internal as well as external project stakeholders
- self-driven execution of projects / initiatives
- Support in drafting concepts, planning and also execution of sales and PR campaigns, creation of briefings, continues checks and oversight of the execution of those campaigns (e.g. smartphone sale, new product launch campaign, blogger and social PR work, etc.
- Bachelor / Master student, preferable with economics, computer science master – but other areas fine as well
- Good understanding of Marketing, e-commerce, Project Management
- Analytics skills with a preference to focus on details
- Excel, PowerPoint / presentation skills
- Quick learner, able to pick up new information swiftly
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to drive a project + stakeholder management
- e-commerce savvy, knows the market and trends, special focus on electronics
- knowledge in the gaming industry preferred
- good understanding of eBay as seller and buyer a plus
- Analytics skills such as SQL, excel savvy and ability to communicate analytics is a plus
- Actively document activities and results
- Able to speak/write English at very good level, German a plus not a must
What do we offer?
- Internship of 6 month
- An international and attractive working experience with high-speed execution
- Very engaged team with flat hierarchies and agile processes, experts just a call, step or phone call away
- High degree of independence
- Innovative projects from the very beginning
- Very attractive salary and a great Campus (excellent canteen, shuttle service, kicker, table tennis, fitness studio with trainers and courses for free, running club, etc.)
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: