Legal Counsel e-Commerce (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0032305 Subsidiary mobile.de
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with a collection of brands that span the Globe.
Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends.
Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Our unique brands – BilBasen, DBA, 2dehands/2ememain, eBay Kleinanzeigen, Gumtree, Kijiji, Marktplaats.nl, mobile.de, Motors.co.uk, and Vivanuncios – offer online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
eBay Classifieds Group is a global collection of local brands that aim to create connected commerce, enabled by people, supported by technology and open for everyone.
As part of eBay Inc., eBay Classifieds Group and its local labels share eBay’s overall purpose, as formulated on eBayInc.com. Our founding principles and fundamental beliefs as a company help guide the ways we operate our business every single day.
eBay Inc.’s Legal Department is looking for a passionate Inhouse Legal Counsel e-Commerce (f/m/d) to join the international eBay Classifieds Group Legal Team based in Berlin/Dreilinden,
to help support mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen.
This is a great opportunity to truly integrate with an international e-commerce business.
You are someone who is passionate about working in one of the e-commerce world's best-in-class in-house Legal Departments,
sitting with the business, acting as a true business partner and advising Germany’s # 1 classifieds platform and vehicles platform on cutting-edge legal issues.
You have significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and advising on products/legal issues for an international technology company.
This position will report to the Head of Legal, eBay Classifieds Group Germany.
Your primary accountabilities include:
Sitting with the dynamic eBay Classifieds Group business teams and acting as their legal advisor – guiding business strategy, while also doing their operational legal work;
Working with business partners to understand, structure, negotiate and close commercial agreements;
Carrying out product reviews on web and mobile sites/apps;
Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts for marketing, PR, technology and other services;
Possible M&A integration support;
Independently coordinating with functional partner including Tax, Privacy, Information Security, Litigation, IP, etc.
Liaising with eBay Inc. Legal Team globally.
Your skill profile:
- Be a fully qualified German lawyer with excellent academics – legal qualifications in any other jurisdictions would be beneficial;
- Have at least 5 years of experience in e-commerce law, IT, IP, privacy and/or international business transactions, drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts;
- Have strong product review skills - ability to own the legal review and the regular rollout of new products/functionality - working in collaboration with multiple stakeholders;
- Have great business rapport building skills and strong eye for business to support a high growth entrepreneurial business and build strong relationships quickly;
- Be a standout colleague with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Communicate in English and German at a professional business/legal level.
- Have start-up/incubator in-house legal/business experience and / or major e-commerce brand in-house legal experience;
- Be flexible with the scope and variety of projects to be undertaken;
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and a dynamic culture, and have a practical, pragmatic focus and the confidence to advise in real time;
- Have legal budget management experience – accruals; law firm management;
- Specialization (LLM / Fachanwalt) in IT/IP/e-commerce law a plus.
What do we offer?
Diverse team with exciting personalities, real passion for e-commerce and integrity
International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility, close collaboration with a highly professional business team, yet start-up mentality with excellent culture
Meaningful work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
Competitive salary and excellent benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft-skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans
Home office possibilities
An extraordinary campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by- location/detail/Germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself