Machine Translation Spec. IT (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0034202
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
For our Team in Dreilinden/Berlin we are currently looking for a
Machine Translation Specialist Italian (f/m/d)
- Analyzes and documents MT output results for quality improvement
- Reviews post-edited MT output to generate high-quality training corpora for MT engines
- Analyzes and documents error patterns in MT Human Evaluations
- Helps conduct MT usability test with users in target country and summarize the feedback and test results
- Analyzes the quality of monolingual and bilingual data in the areas of: Semantic annotation (Named Entities, Parts of Speech, etc.), Automatically-generated data (Browse Node Titles, Product Page Titles, etc.)
- Creates guidelines and documentation for our vendors (human evaluators, post-editors, etc.)
- On-boards and regularly coaches our vendors on effective practices and quality expectations.
- Actively contributes to the creation of relevant language assets in source, target and bilingual texts (idioms, profanities, abbreviations, etc.)
- Assists in a variety of linguistic research related tasks
- Uses skills as a seasoned and experienced professional with a full grasp of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Functions effectively in a fast paced environment and demonstrates flexibility.
- Effectively communicates in small group settings, beginning to document requirements, solutions and results to meet business needs.
- Solves business problems through collaboration with internal teams, begins to see hidden problems in processes and systems.
- BS/BA degree, Master’s Degree, or equivalent
- Linguistics major is a plus
- 3+ years of professional related work experience (preferentially linguistic and analytical)
- Native fluency in the target language (Italian) and fluent in English
- Knowledge of German advantageous, additional languages a plus.
- Deep familiarity with target culture (Italian).
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with other groups and varying levels of management
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: