Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg, Berlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0028948 Subsidiary mobile.de
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
With 1.4 million vehicles, mobile.de is the largest online vehicle trade site in Germany. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most challenging product development organizations in eBay Germany. We support the entire mobile.de platform including our international marketplaces, mobile devices, and build critical technology to build the best of class experience in the vehicle market.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d) for our new online car financing business. If you are a self-starter with a passion for software/product development, a business-driven problem solver and a have keen eye for maintainable and testable code then you'll like working with us.
- Act with your team like a start-up within a mature corporation
- Build great new products for our customers in an iterative, test-and-learn driven way
- Maintain and improve existing applications
- Own the entire development lifecycle from specification to running in production
- Write high quality, clean, maintainable and testable code
- Be an active partner for product management and business
- Participate as well as lead design and code reviews
- Innovate technology, process, product and business with your team
- Several years of relevant experience as a Java developer, NodeJS experience a plus
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Elasticsearch would be a great plus
- You have experience with:
- implementing and consuming RESTful services
- SQL and noSQL databases (especially MySQL and mongodb)
- A/B-testing, working knowledge with Optimizely a plus
- test automation
- build management tools like gradle or maven
- You have worked with git as a versioning system
- You believe in team work, especially in cross-functional teams und in the KISS principle
- You have a passion for clean and beautiful code, with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- You get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly
- You understand that quality is not assured solely by the QA engineer, but by the team
- You´re convinced that responsibility does not end with deployment
We would love to see examples of your expertise, therefore examples of your work published on Github, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow or similar are a big plus when applying for this position.
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- High team autonomy and agile environment ((Kanban / Scrum)
- Challenging work with a diverse and highly skilled team
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA, and globally.
- International career opportunities throughout eBay
- Home office possibilities, conference & education budget
- Competitive salary, including stock plans and company pension scheme
- A great campus in Dreilinden/Berlin, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself