Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg, Berlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0032570 Subsidiary mobile.de
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities.
Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities.
In Germany, we have two of our leading brands – mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen.
mobile.de is the most-visited vehicle market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most visited general classifieds proposition in Germany.
The newly founded eCG Motors vertical operates from our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin-Friedrichshain and Dreilinden near Potsdam.
As part of the team in Dreilinden, you will work on cutting-edge technology and impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and site.
This is a great opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a: (Senior) Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Coach and mentor junior members of your team
- Improve agile development and continuous delivery process
- Collaborate with other team members and engineers
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Several years of experience as a senior/lead java engineer and or system architect
- Deep knowledge of Java 8, Spring Framework, web technologies and (non-) relational databases (bonus: node.js, react)
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
- High aspiration for quality, a good sense of pragmatism
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
- Effective oral and written English interpersonal skills
- Experience in any of these technologies is a Plus: Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana, Kafka, Karate, Kubernetes, Kotlin, Vertx
- Having a DevOps mindset beneficial
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
Looking to leave your footprint in motors e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and share vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining a diverse and international team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join the eBay Classifieds Group Motors vertical.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself