(Senior) Data Scientist (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0027623 Subsidiary mobile.de
mobile.de, part of the eBay Inc family of companies, is the largest online vehicle trade site in Germany.
The company is reinforcing its market leading position by undertaking major initiatives to extend the value we add to our customers.
mobile.de is a company of around 150 employees, with a passion for the automotive industry and creating great experiences for our consumers and dealers.
Our office campus is co-located with the eBay Kleinanzeigen and PayPal offices in Dreilinden, just outside Berlin.
As part of the product development team you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a (Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/d).
- Develop data product prototypes and support with your expertise in terms of success / performance measurement and implementation concepts
- Provide profound expertise in data mining, measuring business performance and research using mathematical, statistical and experimental tools & techniques while combining data from various sources (Webtracking, DataWarehouse, Hadoop/Big data, MongoDB and others)
Depending on your level of seniority, you will have the opportunity to:
- Successfully partner with business unit as data scientist through exploring data product ideas that generate business value, such as recommendation and predictions
- Act as a data science ambassador with mobile.de and other ebay companies, and encourage a data-driven mindset in day to day work
- Leverage data infrastructure and lead best practices sharing with other data scientists and business partners across the company and the eBay classifieds group
- Master or PhD (Mathematics, Physics, Neuroscience, Engineering, Econometrics, Computer science or similar) with strong experience as Data Scientist or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Excellent analytical skills and expertise in machine learning and predictive modelling; experience with Deep Learning is a plus
- Good programming skills incl. the proven ability to create prototypes e.g. in Python or Scala
- Good understanding of tracking and Big Data technologies (Business logging, DataWareHousing, Hadoop ecosystem, Spark etc.)
- Hands-on, resourceful and a doer
- Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team
- Team-spirit, good sense of humor and strong personality
- Fluent English and German
What do we offer?
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- High team autonomy and agile environment.
- Work with advanced techniques and state of the art tools.
- A secure place for professional and personal growth.
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsites & team events.
- Beside working in our Dreilinden-office you can work from home and/or 1day in our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain (depending on tasks / projects)
- Flexible working hours and working part-time possible (75-80% min.)
- Family friendly company. We love children.
- A great campus with fitness center (yoga, Pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-yoursearch/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself