(Senior) Frontend Engineer (f/m)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0029946 Subsidiary mobile.de
TheeBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities.
Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities. In Germany, we have two of our leading brands – mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen.
mobile.de is the most-visited vehicle market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most visited general classifieds proposition in Germany.
The newly founded eCG Motors vertical operates from our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin-Friedrichshain and Dreilinden near Potsdam.
As part of the team in Dreilinden near Potsdam, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and site.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a (Senior) Frontend Software Engineer (f/m/d).
We are working in cross functional teams using agile methods. Backend-, Frontend- and Mobile Developers as well as Product Owners, Design/UX and Community Manager are working as a team to build
successful products that excite our users and customers. Our teams have the full responsibility for development and operation of their services and apps, deciding about architecture, tech-stack and tools on their own, in close cooperation with the other teams.
The foundation of our product are Java 8 / Spring Boot Backend Services, and a Node / Responsive React Frontend.
Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
Coach and mentor junior members of your team
Improve agile development and continuous delivery process
Collaborate with other team members and engineers
Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs (bonus: SEO Experience)
Advanced knowledge of common web technologies (HTTP, DNS, REST/JSON, OAuth, Ajax)
Experience with Automated testing, unit tests with Jasmine & Karma, UI tests with Selenium Webdriver
Experience with package managers like npm and Bower, Build pipelines with Grunt, Gulp or webpack
Good understanding of Build Pipelines (TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, Grunt)
Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery
High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
Effective oral and written English communication skills
What do we offer?
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams in eBay across Europe, North American and APAC.
- High team autonomy and agile environment.
- Work with advanced techniques and state of the art tools.
- A secure place for professional and personal growth.
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsites & team events.
- Beside working in our Dreilinden-office you can work 1day from home and/or in our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain (depending on tasks / projects)
- Flexible working hours and working part-time possible (75-80% min.)
- Family friendly company.
- A great campus with fitness center (Yoga, Pilates, Cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, free fruits & vegetables, canteen and shuttle-service
Looking to leave your footprint in motors e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and share vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join the eBay Classifieds Group Motors vertical.
We are looking forward to your detailed online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself