Senior Manager Automotive StrategyDreilinden, Germany
Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0026879 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Senior Manager Automotive Strategy
Department: Global Motors, eCG
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with eleven brands that span the Globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by crafting a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Reflecting the increased focus on Motors within the group, we are establishing a global Motors organization and, as part of that, building a global Motors centre of excellence.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Automotive Strategy, as part of this, supporting our Motors businesses globally. You will be on the frontlines of formulating strategy and generating revenue for eBay global Motors organization, focusing primarily on online. You will help identify, develop and implement business improvement and new growth initiatives. Projects may include revenue forecasting, leading deal negotiations, investigating M&A opportunities, implementation and tracking of new revenue opportunities, conducting financial analysis, preparing management presentations, marketing planning, and research and data-gathering.
- Lead and coordinate strategic projects for our global organization with teams consisting of colleagues throughout the broader organization
- Lead and execute strategic analysis and business cases, presenting recommendations to senior leaders
- Support the global eBay Classifieds Motors leadership team with strategy reviews and implementation, project management internal operating reviews and ad-hoc analysis
- Actively monitor & assess competitor and market trends, investigate M&A opportunities
- Work with internal departments to build innovative strategies that help us to craft establish new sustainable business models for our Global Motors business
- Lead and implement specific strategic projects
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners globally, including Motors & strategy leads
- 5+ years’ post-MBA experience, ideally in a first-tier strategy consulting firm with a focus on Technology, Media or Telecoms. Knowledge of the automotive industry and classifieds business is a plus.
- You are pragmatic and creative in solving issues, and get energy from driving change in the business
- You have excellent business modelling skills, experience with valuation modelling, methodologies and due diligence is a plus. You have excellent presentation skills
- You have worked internationally and have experience with working, and influencing across geographies and leading global projects
- Experience with strategy implementation and/or M&A integration preferred
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, market research and competitor analysis
- You are fluent in English, an excellent communicator with experience in influencing in complex international environments
This is a rare opportunity for top performers seeking a high-impact, high visibility position and the ability to influence the future course of Global eCG Motors division.
Shift/Travel Details: Travel of ~30% of the time
What we offer:
Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally.
Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest Mac Book Pro, Notebook, PC you name it. Home office possibilities and a great campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: