Software Engineer (f/m)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0028181 Subsidiary eBay Kleinanzeigen
We are one of the most-visited sites in Germany and are still growing at an amazing speed. On our platform we have around 28 million items for sale and with more than 31 million unique users per month we reach 52% of the German internet population. Our customers use our platform mostly on their mobile devices and create ~30.000 requests per second on our backend systems at peak times. Our core tech-stack is based on Java/
Spring and MySQL/ Cassandra/Solr/ ElasticSearch/ Kafka. We aim for a high velocity on rollouts, which implies automation, early integration and constant process improvement. Right now were are taking up speed on reshaping towards a decoupled and flexible architecture. Our target infrastructure is built around Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes.
To beef up our team we are hiring a Software Engineer (f/m)
At eBay Kleinanzeigen you can leave your mark: Our engineering team is small yet excellent. Around 30 highly skilled and motivated people build and maintain virtually all backend components and frontend experiences eBay Kleinanzeigen is made of.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Create the technology future of online classifieds in a scalable, clean way
- Improve our applications and APIs to become better each day
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems
- Be an interface between Product Management, Design, Business and Customers
- Drive your own ideas for code and process improvement and achieve the next level together with the teambe involved in the whole development lifecycle from architecture to QA and deployment
Your Skill Profile:
- Passion for beautiful, test-driven code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Good programming skills in Java and the Spring Framework
- Know-how in object-oriented design
- Get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
- Believer in team work and a DevOps mindset
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Know-how in manual testing and test automation (e.g. JUnit, Selenium, REST-assured)
- Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MySQL)
- Ideally experience with search platforms (Solr, ElasticSearch)
Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility (e.g. home office possibilities)
Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, softskill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC you name it
Homemade waffles, free fruit, vegetables and sweets
A great campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: