Sr. Software Engineer - Java (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0033002 Subsidiary mobile.de
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
The newly founded eCG Motors is seeking to scale our motors business to international markets, starting from Canada (kijijiautos.ca) followed by other countries and operates from our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin-Friedrichshain and Dreilinden.
As part of the team in Berlin Dreilinden, you will work on cutting-edge technology and impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for our platform. The Platform Engineering Team of eCG Motors works along with the Site Reliability Engineering Team to bring world-class infrastructure and development platform for our product development teams. We are responsible for developing software that helps our organisation to run our microservices platform at global scale, using technologies and platforms like Kubernetes and Google Cloud.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Collaborate with other team members and engineers
- Ensure code quality and maintainability
- Several years of experience writing software in languages such as Java (node.js and Go are a plus)
- Deep understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Experience with deploying software on cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure.
- Familiarity with technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Real passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
- High aspiration for quality, balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What we offer:
- Ambitious, diverse, international teams with very skilled personalities, a real passion for e-commerce, integrity and a sense of humor
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Work with advanced techniques and state of the art tools
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsite & team events
- Excellent opportunities for development by attending conferences, trainings and the organisation of meetups and hackathons
- Beside working in our Dreilinden-office you can work from home and/or 1day in our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain (depending on tasks / projects)
- Flexible working hours and working part-time possible (75-80% min.)
- An excellent campus with fitness center (yoga, Pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application!
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself