Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay French Merchant Support Teammate will be responsible for three main tasks
• handling day to day operational issues from our most valuable sellers.
• outbound campaigns to our most valuable sellers with a view to encouraging the use of eBay services and features most suited to the customer’s business which will support growth and engagement.
• Retention of declining sellers.
The Commercial Team Mate is seen as a product expert, a point of contact for customers wishing to use eBay as a channel or access point to the eBay marketplace.
- Handling day to day operational issues with our most valuable sellers.
- Working directly with eBay customers inbound and outbound via phone and email to resolve service questions, concerns and queries and to respond to qualified leads regarding eBay growth and improved service opportunities.
- Engage in positive customer interactions creating experiences which drive loyalty and engagement by reducing customer effort. Examples include: demonstrating empowerment to resolve customer issues, showing genuine interest in customers, and when appropriate de-escalate.
- Display initiative to take on additional responsibilities and tasks to achieve core team objectives.
- Fast resolution for most valuable sellers of any eBay specific impediment to growth and sales (including Technical issues, Seller Standard Issues, eBay policy)
- Providing an industry class leading customer experience to most valuable sellers making eBay the number 1 channel of choice for them to trade on being the trusted advisor to our most valuable sellers on technical, standards and policy related issues that can impede sales
- Independently use all channels to stay informed with regards to department specific knowledge.
- Deliver core metrics including, but not limited to, productivity, resolution, success rate and effectiveness.
- Ensure all information related to customer issues is logged and tracked.
- Reactive and CS type queries as defined by management
- Coaching our most valuable sellers so that issues and policies do not impede their business in future and helping them develop a proactive approach to avoidance (as opposed to resolution after the fact).
- Interacting with internal stakeholders, advisors and policy makers, technical teams to assist with speedy resolution
- Fluency in English and French
- Sales experience / skills a plus
- Must be proven performer in achieving metrics
- Meet all assigned deadlines
- Excellent organisational, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, target driven independent worker
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, PC based internet and software applications (The Internet, Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn on the fly
- Be able to identify and escalate issues on the site, raising the relevant ticket and escalating information up to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure to keep all your stakeholders updated with progress
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment
circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive
technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make
every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.