GCX Data ScientistDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0032078 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion (D&I) since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a substantial impact on people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
The eBay Global Customer Experience (GCX) team is responsible for building experiences that customers love in Service Delivery. The role we are hiring for is Sr Data Scientist as part of the Analytics team within the GCX organization. This team is responsible for customer behavior insights and product impact analysis.
The role is focused on partnering with Product and Business teams and measuring holistic impact of various product & program launches on customer contact behavior. In addition to strong statistical knowledge, collaboration and storytelling are required. Also, strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in quantitative analysis, problem definition, synthesis & recommendation development will be essential. You will have superb social skills, initiative, and integrity. Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic ability.
- Work with stakeholders to find workable solutions to our business problems on data. This will require ability to translate problems stated in business terms into quantitative approaches leading to projects starting small and aspiring to grow big if preliminary results are promising
- Set up a test (A/B test or pre-post) to measure performance in the best possible way
- Mine large sets of data to understand the impact of product changes on the customer journey
- Execute cohort studies and drive analyses to understand customer behavior and identify opportunities for improving our product(s)
- Transform scientific/data analysis and communicate business performance in a clear and insightful way to the business to facilitate timely and informed decision-making
- Ensure statistical rigor is applied to all analyses and business recommendations
- A BS Degree in Statistics/Mathematics or quantitative field required (or experience equivalent), PhD/MS degree definite advantage
- +6 years of experience as a data scientist or related disclipine
- Experience with common data science and statistical toolkits / software environments: Hadoop, R, Python, others. Scripting and programming skills: SQL is a must have
- Prior experience in performance measurement, creatively applying regression techniques/modeling, optimization techniques, A/B testing, etc for business applications
- Deep understanding of statistics, experimental design, and causal inference
- The ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and effectively deliver it to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to spot and pursue opportunities as well as to translate high-level directions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills with the ability to communicate and deal with all levels in the organization in a clear, timely and effective manner
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: