Global Business Rules AnalystDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0036515 Subsidiary eBay
- Job Description
Business Rules Analyst
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating a dynamic and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you are an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness. You will create the future of global commerce and make an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you're searching for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, let's talk!
Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well – and we are hiring curious, driven, and fearless experts to transform our business unit to enable eBay's next generation Payments strategy. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. The scope of our charter includes Risk Management Strategy, Policy, Decision Sciences, and Policy Operations.
We are looking for a highly talented and self-motivated individual to join our Business Rules team. Business Rules Analysts create, test, optimizes, and maintains business rules to monitor and control activity on eBay. This role requires strong attention to detail, strong work ethic and drive, the ability to manage large and complex rule sets, the ability to recommend solutions to various problems and excellent communication skills and follow up.
The principal responsibilities of this role is to:
- Own designated rule sets of moderate to high complexity, primarily related to listing and selling activities.
- Maintain and innovate processes to detect and disposition listing quality referrals and block or restrict questionable activity
- Partner with global stakeholders to keep questionable selling & buying activity at manageable levels
- Stay current on new trends and strategies by analyzing weekly filter reports, engaging with stakeholders, and conducting ad hoc statistical analysis
- Organize, document and simplify rules
- Train and support downstream teams as well as assisting their peers on the rules team
- Lead moderate complexity projects including collaboration with business unit and product management
- Innovate in creating new ways to create, optimize, maintain, and organize rules
- Assist with maintaining the rule platform and deploying rule sets
- Metrics and Data Driven Decision Making
- Has proven analytical skills and is able to define & clearly articulate success by metrics and data driven measurements
- The ideal candidate will have SQL, Excel PivotTable, and other data visualization experience.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence and work with others
- This is a global role – the ideal candidate will consider impact to global customers when making decisions. Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with global and remote partners
- Strong knowledge of eBay’s policies
- Relationship Building: Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Team Player: Great team player who can be agile and flexible in fast-changing and undefined situations.
- Self Starter: Ability to work effectively in an autonomous fashion, and willingness to enable the success of stakeholders worldwide.
- Project Leadership: Has successfully taken ownership of project timelines and multi-task management in the past.
- Thinks “outside the box” for solutions to challenging situations
- Demonstrates a strong sense for doing the right thing for our customers.
- Technically Proficient: Knowledge of scripting languages (i.e. Python, Perl) is ideal but not essential
- Additional language would be beneficial
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: