Manager, EMEA & APAC GCX FinanceDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0028891 Subsidiary eBay
The Manager of EMEA & APAC GCX Finance is responsible for financial business partnership, planning and stewardship for eBay’s Global Customer Experience (“GCX”) group, which provides customer support and outreach to all of eBay’s buyers and sellers. Reporting into the Director of EMEA and APAC GCX Finance, the candidate will partner with EMEA and APAC GCX leadership to ensure optimal financial and operational outcomes and actionable insights while serving GCX Finance’s mission of helping eBay’s customers and solving their problems in the quickest, simplest, easiest, and most cost-effective way possible…while making them feel great about eBay along the way.
He/she will track, understand, and drive performance of each GCX market within EMEA & APAC and their respective initiatives while providing financial transparency, recommendations, and actionability to business partners.
He/she will work closely with GCX and Business Unit Finance, GCX Regional and Market Leaders (including VP, EMEA & APAC Service Delivery) and Workforce Operations & Analytics.
Business partnership – ensuring the best combined operational and financial outcomes for GCX:
- Partner with GCX Leadership Team, Workforce Operations, Partner Management, and GCX & Business Unit Finance
- Guide optimal resource allocation by providing a clear and compelling understanding of the relative value of competing business decisions
- Articulate a clear, concise, and actionable narrative of performance
- Identify and drive actionable outcomes based on analysis of operating trends
- Challenge budget owners based on operational finance trend and variance analysis
- Achieve optimal GCX and eBay Inc. financial outcomes
Business planning and financial & operational analytics – helping our business partners innovate operationally while performing against their financial targets:
- Model and interrogate business cases and ROI’s that support strategic and tactical decision-making within GCX and adjacent functions
- Define actionable framework for initiative tracking and business performance
Financial planning & reporting – giving leadership insight into financial architecture and resource allocation decisions through transparent stewardship:
- Support regular cycles for strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Establish efficient and impactful finance processes, including simplification of the financial forecasting process, allowing increased focus on operational financial performance and insight generation
- Present financial performance to EMEA & APAC GCX leadership, including recommendations for optimizing financial architecture and investment timing / decision-making
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity.
- Passionate about bridging the gap between finance and operations – an “inbetweener” who knows how to communicate equally well with CFO’s and operations leaders.
- Strong candidates will see themselves as naturally inquisitive business drivers who expect to be accountable for business, financial and metric goals and will thrive by demonstrating the creativity, agility and business partnership that is required to achieve them.
- Successful candidates must have a proven track record of working effectively with senior business and finance leaders, showing confidence, interpersonal awareness, and poise.
- Highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for understanding the business.
- High energy and superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented and dynamic environment.
- Superior communication skills – verbal, written & presentation skills. Ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple/precise business implications.
- A global mindset and ability to work effectively with teams from various cultures and time zones.
- Ability to identify and take on critical projects, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic/changing environment.
- Possessing good judgment and mature decision-making skills. Diplomatic yet assertive, with an ability to push back when needed and to know when to follow up with others.
- Hands-on, resourceful and a doer. Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team.
- Having a personality that people warm to and a sense of humor built on a foundation of personal integrity, humility and an appreciation for the power of partnership.
Desired skills & experience
- 6-10 years of increasing responsibility in finance, management consulting, or operations roles with a bias towards customer service, staffing, manufacturing or similar fields desired, but not critical
- Ideal candidates will possess an MBA from a top-tier program
- Experience in nimble teams within a large, multinational organizations and broad functional exposure
- Expertise in financial/operational modeling and presentation
- SQL / analytics skills highly valued but not critical
- English fluency required; business proficiency or higher in another European language preferred
- Travel up to 25% within Europe & Asia/Pacific
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: