Business Development Intern P&A (UK)London, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0029637 Subsidiary eBay
Intern – Vehicle Parts and Accessories in UK trading
Start date: ASAP
Location: Richmond, London
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
In the UK, we are one of the largest e-commerce sites and are looking to recruit extraordinary people to create great experiences for our customers.
The Parts and Accessories business on eBay covers parts & accessories of all types of vehicles: Car, Motorcycle, Commercial vehicle, Pickup, Military, Boat and Aircraft. As an intern you will be part of this team focused on delivering extraordinary experiences for our customers, both buyers and sellers. You will be passionate about Vehicle Parts and Accessories and getting the best value products in front of buyers at every opportunity.
You will have an opportunity to work with ebay's high volume of data to synthesize actionable insights and contribute to business growth in an important way for both our buyers and sellers. This role provides you with the opportunity to be part of a customer obsessed, fast paced results-driven e-commerce team, delivering a wide range of trading activity directly engaging with our business sellers and working across the ebay organisation.
The role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to communicate with a wide range of eBay teams and a broad section of eBay’s business sellers, whilst using their initiative & problem solving skills to help both the sellers and eBay to grow.
Support the Parts & Accessories team on:
- Organisation of Trade Calendar through planning with eBay sellers
- Delivering and optimising retail moments such as Back to School and Black Friday through partnering with sellers and onsite trading
- Liaising with the planning and marketing teams and following processes to brief events for email and on site activity
- Implementation of events supporting retail moments, such as Father’s Day & Christmas
- Optimisation of on site experiences such as Category Pages and Browse Pages
- Reporting and sharing results of each activity within the business, both within the UK Trading team and the wider business
- Supporting seller-facing team with preparation for meetings and accompanying them to seller meetings when required
- Analysing seller performance data and making recommendations to Merchant team, based on insights
- Initiating contact with multiple sellers from a lead pool
- Occasional travel to support seller meetings within Europe
Analysis and measurement:
- Supporting the Inventory Planners with weekly data extraction and interpretation
- Tracking implementation and results vs plan for weekly reporting and category monthly review meeting
- Learnings are captured, shared with relevant audiences and used to inform future plans
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Commercial drive and awareness with a strong trading mentality – desire to get things right for our customer, balancing short term outcomes and long term objectives
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Confident with designing analysis and drawing insights from diverse data sets
- Self-starter able to take the initiative
- Highly focused & organised
- Able to operate smoothly in a highly dynamic context
- Passionate teammate
- Passion for the motor industry and an understanding of the big trends driving the vehicle parts and accessories market - this should be shown in your cover letter and CV
- About to finish or have recently finished a university program
- Experience of entrepreneurial behaviour, especially buying or selling online would be favourable
- A six month internship in a great office environment
- Dynamic team with room for individuality, passion for e-commerce, professionalism and humour
- Varied and interesting tasks with high responsibility
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies, flexibility and rapid decision-making
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: