Category Analyst - 12 month contractLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0036538 Subsidiary eBay
eBay - a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You'll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay —does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
At eBay we’re passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help shape the future of commerce across the UK and the world.
We put our customers, buyers and sellers, at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 83% of products on ebay.co.uk are new.
As a global brand our purpose is to build opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who seek to make the world a better place
We are looking for Category Analysts to join our Trading team at eBay UK, initially on a 12 month contract. Based in beautiful Richmond and with a team that is empowering economic opportunity for sellers, you will support the operational and commercial success of the brand and retailer portfolio and the wider category. Additionally, you will define and implement a brand acquisition & scaling strategy to optimise the brand reach on the site.
- Develop the operational relationship with key sellers, brands and retailers, within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Target merchandise and use levers to get products on site to drive performance
- Develop expert understanding of sellers’ business operations and current strategies and utilise insight to identify opportunities for growth
- Proactive management of accounts to identify and implement agreed scaling opportunities and resolve all operational issues through liaison with the support team
- Partner with trading lead to develop annual strategy and quarterly commercial plan
- Identify and source relevant and market leading inventory to support execution of strategy
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrate consistently achieved results, even under tough circumstances
- Ability to build partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning materials
- Strong ability to analyse data and draw actionable insights from these
- Strong trading acumen, comfortable to operate in a fast-paced trading environment
- Outstanding negotiation skills to source critical inventory and establish joint commercial targets
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate with agility and to navigate change
- Confident self-starter
- Previously worked as a merchandiser; sourcer or buyer within online retail environment
- Experience at negotiating ranges & promotion with suppliers in non-complex negotiations over periods up to 1 year
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: