Customer Engagement Marketing ManagerLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0029455 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
At eBay we’re passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help shape the future of commerce in the UK and the world.
We put our customers, buyers and sellers, at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 83% of products on ebay.co.uk are new.
As a global brand our purpose is to create opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who aspire to make the world better
We offer a great culture and encouraging working environment and this is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career at one of the most influential brands.
This role will report directly into our Head of Retail Marketing and will focus on creating and delivering an impactful customer engagement plan supporting key business objectives of retention, and increasing frequency of purchase.
As an experienced Marketing Manager, you will be a self-motivated and enthusiastic communicator, who is eager to learn and have some fun along the way, in a fast-paced , dynamic environment.
- Deliver a world-class customer focused marketing strategy to drive engagement with our infrequent customer base
- Collaborate with in-country business teams to understand business strategy, the target customer, and the competitive landscape. Translate this into a quarterly digital marketing plan that delivers business targets
- Working with customer insights and research team to find opportunities to optimise existing campaigns and to introduce new products and campaigns
- Analyse data to identify consumer patterns and trends to ensure all customer audience segments receive relevant content
- Maximise reach and performance of marketing activities by driving consumer awareness and response
- Own internal partner relationships to meet briefing deadlines and ensure campaigns are delivered on time and to budget
- End to end campaign management of marketing campaigns including all owned [onsite, app, mweb, email] and paid marketing assets [display, affiliates, social]
- Develop creative based on consumer insight and fitting with brand guidelines
- Ensure all marketing activity is effectively targeted, delivered and evaluated
- Constantly innovate and improve, seeking opportunities to optimise existing campaigns, and to introduce new and improved customer experiences
- Analyse channel performance and provide actionable insights for ongoing campaign optimisation
- Monitor and analyse campaign performance to improve efficiency. Cross-country collaboration with channel leads based in Zurich (e.g. CRM, email, display) and marketing operational team in Prague
- Budget management
- Champion eBay, the customer and their needs
- Great communication skills, quickly able to gain trust and confidence with people at all levels
- Organised and able to work quickly and function well with a range of deadlines and priorities
- Strong strategic thinker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Expertise in email marketing, online marketing and e-commerce
- Ability to write detailed creative briefs
- Strong experience in working simultaneously on multiple projects
- Expert in data driven direct marketing including email standard methodology, customer segmentation, and onsite marketing
- Independent and creative problem solver, who is passionate about enhancing the user experience
- Strong in collaboration and coordinating multiple team members within a broad set of different projects
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, collaborative environment is critical
- Self-starter with plenty of initiative and drive
- Drives for results and demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Establishes relationships and is a great teammate
- Ability to think innovatively and tackle problems effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and can effectively lead through a fast paced, fast changing environment
- Fun, hardworking, innovative, and personable
Diversity and inclusion at eBay goes well beyond a moral necessity – it’s the foundation of our business model and absolutely critical to our ability to thrive in an increasingly competitive global landscape.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: